Using measure as a Slicer to filter a table

Hi All,

I have tried a lot to solve this issue, but with no success, the issue is I have a table with fields on Product, Parts, and location, and Part status as below a sample:

Product Part Part Status Location
Product 1 Part1 Not in scope USA
Product 1 Part 2 Certified Mexico
Product 2 Part 1 Not in scope Japan
Product 2 Part 2 Certified India

Basically, a product can be with many parts, and each part has a status - Not in scope, certified and uncertified. Now I need to calculate product rolled-up status which I did as if a part is uncertified with a product, product status is uncertified. I have a status weightage and using that I give worst status to each product, we have logic to calculate product status % - if product certified - has all parts certified give 100% or anything less than 100%.

The main issue now is say I created a measure - Product Status = if (product status is 100%, product is certified, else part status is X give product Incomplete - X status likewise), please note I cant use calculated column as Product status needs to be calculated at model level not row level - for ex we need product status only for non-certified products, so row by row calculation will not help.

Also a product can be at multiple location, and same part can be with many products.

Now measure is created - I have it and its a big measure where I coded all conditions - the issue is I cant use this measure in a slicer - can someone help here on it ?

1 Like

Hi @AbhinavKumar sounds like an interesting problem you have. For the EDNA experts and/or Forum members to help you best you will need to provide more information, if you can read the below link it will allow you to understand what is missing from your question.

Asking Questions On The Enterprise DNA Support Forum - Forum Guides - Enterprise DNA Forum

1 Like

@AbhinavKumar ,

Slicing based on a measure is not yet supported in Power BI, but some clever folks have figured out a number of workarounds. See if any of these are helpful to you:

• Brian
1 Like

Hi @AbhinavKumar, did the response provided by @BrianJ and @DavieJoe help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @AbhinavKumar, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 21st of June.

We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @AbhinavKumar, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”.

If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.