Slow Measures For Incentive Plan Setup

Have several files that I will attach. The Word document will discuss each of the measures that need to be optimized. I have the file working fine right now, but several of these measure involve thorough SWITCH statements, and I’m sure that they can run much faster than the way they currently are setup. I only brought in 1 Quarter of data, so the file isn’t that large. The original file has over 3 years of data.

EDNA Incentive Plan Layout.docx (12.9 KB) EDNA Incentive Plan.csv (31.2 KB) EDNA Incentive Plan.pbix (4.2 MB)

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like

Hi @JarrettM! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now. We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!

Here is the PBIX solution from @AntrikshSharma, which improved the performance! Great work!

EDNA Incentive Plan- Antriksh.pbix (4.2 MB)

Thanks
Jarrett

2 Likes

@JarrettM Nice, I was further able to optimize by removing every CALLBACKDATAIDs.

The video on this optimization is going to be full of learnings.

3 Likes

@AntrikshSharma,

I eagerly await the video(s)!

:grinning:

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like

DAX Studio files used in the video:

Eager Evaluation.dax (1.2 KB)
First Video.dax (977 Bytes)
IF vs SWITCH.dax (166 Bytes)
IF.EAGER.dax (565 Bytes)
Internals.dax (1.1 KB) – Couldn’t cover this one due to time limitation but good for reading.
Original Query.dax (1.1 KB)
Strict Evaluation.dax (967 Bytes)
Summary.dax (658 Bytes)

Here is the most optimized file Slow Measures For Incentive Plan Setup - Optimized.pbix (4.3 MB) (as far as I can go, there might still be a room for improvement but considering the nesting of the measures I thought this would be a good point to stop at)

Statistics:

2 Likes

@AntrikshSharma,

OK, now I’m completely intrigued. Can’t wait to see the video on this.

• Brian
1 Like

@BrianJ,

I can’t wait either! He could probably do a whole series of videos :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like