Power BI Desktop - Limitations

1. I have created a model in Power BI Desktop.

2. My user only has a basic MS Business 365 plans, i.e. no Power BI subscriptions.

3. Am I correct in saying they can only access the report / model by using Power BI Desktop to view their own personal copy of the model.

I imagine this would allow them to mess around with what I have done.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere.

Thank you,

Paul

Hi @kellysolutions,

See this post by @Harsh

If you let your client use a local installation of Power BI Desktop, yes they can unwillingly mess up your work BUT probably more important from a user perspective the data would be static until they hit that refresh button.
Pro licences aren’t expensive, maybe a trail period is possible, I don’t know but I would look into finding more arguments to persuade your client to subscribe…

Hi @kellysolutions, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

All sorted thank you very much