Power BI Challenge 5 - Wrap Up

@haroonali1000,

Great wrap-up, as usual.

@Melissa - congratulations on a well-deserved and inspiring win. Your entry was incredible, and has set the bar very high for the rest of us for future challenges.

Also, big congratulations to @Greg, @Alvi, @alexbadiu, @MudassirAli. In a parallel universe in which @Melissa chose to take this challenge off, each of your entries would have been a deserving winner.

Finally, loved seeing all the first-time entrants this challenge. Wonderful efforts, all!

• Brian
7 Likes

Thanks @BrianJ for your appreciation. With these challenges, I have recognized my strong and weak points and will work on my weakness for future challenge. Frankly speaking, completing challenges is a fabulous outlet to learn new skills.

Looking forward for the next one.

4 Likes

Thanks @BrianJ for the kind words and appreciation.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Melissa! Awesome work … a real “drop-the-mic” showing :clap:

4 Likes

Thanks @BrianJ :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks everyone !!!

This was a tough one and there are a lot of great submissions by both experienced and newcomers to Power BI – that to me is truly amazing and a joy to see. Same goes for the increasing numbers of non-member participants :+1:

There’s so much to learn from these challenges, it’s mind blowing.
We all poses unique analytical insights and techniques making the challenges the perfect platform to explore and develop new skills and share that knowledge with each other.

@haroonali1000, in regard to “suggesting appointment dates”
Looking back I’d definitely go for generating a list in Power Query. Just one custom function allows you to extract so many different insights and planning perspectives - really powerful stuff IMO…

8 Likes

Congratulations @Melissa ! Your report is really top notch! I think it motivated everyone to give their best at this challenge ! Well deserved win!

@BrianJ, thank you for your kind words! In a parallel universe, your report would have win for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Melissa Congratz! Well deserved!

And thanks all the others. I learn a lot from all you guys.

Daniel

2 Likes

Hi @alexbadiu and @uriah1977,

Thank you both! Really appreciate it.

2 Likes

@Melissa
Congrats, Melissa! Great work!

2 Likes

Congrats @Melissa! Great work!

2 Likes

Honestly Melissa this is one of the best Power BI reports I’ve ever seen. The beauty is in it’s simplicity visually, but also the quality logic going on behind the scenes.

Organisations anywhere would pay top dollar for application like this I believe.

Amazing!

Sam

3 Likes

Congratulations @Melissa! Nice work!

2 Likes

Congrats on the great work! I keep meaning to jump into the competitions week after week, but am determined to finally get in on Week 6.

2 Likes

Congratulation @Melissa

1 Like

Feel the same way @tweinzapfel

No confidence in my abilities to go with the next one. I’m going back to #1 and try it.

Guy

congrats on the challenge.

I feel so over whelmed on the challenges. Looking at the posting how do i ever get there? I go thorough the videos.

I’m confused when to use power query and how to create to totals in query or do you create them after you load the table?

:frowning:
Keith

2 Likes

We were all at the same place once … with many people working on the same problem, one gets exposed to many different thought processes. Don’t worry for a second about how your ideas will compare with others … the real benefit of the challenges is to stretch yourself. Keep it up!

3 Likes

@Melissa, I love your report. Well done, Congratulations.

1 Like

Thanks @DianaB