Power BI Challenge 15 - Wrap Up!

Hello All,

I trust you are all well and keeping safe. The last few weeks seem to have flown.

It’s been all hands-on deck at the Enterprise DNA head quarters with an awesome stream of content, masterclasses, the Power BI Accelerator and did I mention we also have another amazing new course on Tabular Editor from our own resident DAX guru @AntrikshSharma being released this week!

There is some amazing content lined up for the coming weeks and months so watch this space and make sure your subscribed to one of the social media sites so you don’t miss anything.

Oh we’ve also just finished the 15th instalment of the Enterprise DNA challenge! WOW, WOW, WOW! It did not fail to disappoint (unfortunately couldn’t say the same for the farce that was this weeks race) as always there was some amazing submissions and the work on display was of an impeccable standard and the bar is raised again as to what’s possible within power bi.

A massive thank you and well done to all of you who participated. Working with open-source data is no easy ask yet every single submission had managed to craft a report from data that at a glance looks easy but does have some quirks and issues that need to be resolved.

There were some amazing shares from the community around approaches taken and a real opportunity to learn from some of the best in the game at how they tackled the problem.

So lets get to it….

The Winner

It was seriously a tough call there were some brilliant reports produced that were both aesthetically pleasing, with the analysis and insight second to none.

I can seriously say that the challenges to date have showcased some of the best Power BI reports available across the globe.

This challenge was no different I’m always learning more about the art of possible and with every challenge I come away thinking wow I didn’t know that was even possible.

The winner this week has produced a report that was a true master piece it was just an immaculate presentation of all that comes with Power BI. “one of the best reports I’ve seen’ is how one of the experts described it.

I’m sure you will join in me in congratulating @Gustaw on winning the challenge! Excellent work @Gustaw a true masterpiece really looking forward to seeing more of your work and really deep diving into this entry. The effort that has gone in to producing such a report is something that all us developers and aspiring analysts can appreciate.

Newcomer winner

There were some excellent entries from a number of first-time participants however there was one entry that was just knock out and hardly believable that this was the first time that this individual participated in the challenge. @Jbocher a massive well done a truly excellent all round entry. Welcome to the challenges and really looking forward to seeing you on the future challenges.

Non Member Winner

Excellent entry from Mayur Pawar.

The quality on display for this challenge was impeccable, experts @Alex, @sedhosen, @JarrettM and @Greg produced amazing reports which were both intuitive and insightful and some great techniques on display.

@Alvi another excellent submission from yourself some great insight and very nice attention to detail in the UI/UX.

A massive well done to all participants really appreciate you all getting involved.

Conclusion

It’s been fun reviewing the submissions and I hope there was something to take away for everyone involved.

Truly appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this.

The challenge is all about you and enhancing your capabilities. if you have any ideas, concerns, issues or anything else you want to discuss then don’t hesitate to get in touch.

If there is an idea or scenario that you would like to see posted then don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Feel free to email powerbichallenge@enterprisedna.co for any queries or reach out to me personally on haroon.ali@enterprisedna.co

Ok that’s enough from me.

Keep your eyes peeled for challenge 16 which will be released soon.

Any questions, requests or queries do not hesitate to get in touch.

Haroon

Enterprise DNA

10 Likes

Congratulations @Gustaw, @JBocher really awesome stuff.

Well done to all the other participants, quality levels keep rising!

5 Likes

Massive congrats to @Gustaw and @JBocher!! Super stuff everyone!!

6 Likes

Wow… Thank you so much for choosing me as the newcomer winner !
And thank you to the EDNA Community through the different contents and all the wonderful Challenge submissions :slight_smile:

It’s really thanks to you I’ve learnt Power BI and I’ve tried to do my best for the Challenge !

7 Likes

Thank you @haroonali1000 and well done to everybody especially massive congrats to @Gustaw and @JBocher :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Gustaw, @JBocher! Awesome submissions! Something for all of us to aspire to. :slight_smile: Greg

4 Likes

Congratulations to @Gustaw and @JBocher on very deserving wins in a spectacularly strong field of entries. Both of those reports absolutely knocked my socks off.

@JBocher - as the Newcomer winner, you get to choose from the excellent Newcomer prize list, so just let me know which prize you’d like and I’ll get it shipped off to you today. (though I will admit to being a bit frightened to think what you’ll produce with improved tools AND more than a month’s experience with Power BI…)

A shout out also has to go to @sedhosen 's exceptional report, which totally destroyed my LinkedIn feed over the past week with 160 notifications of likes and comments and still climbing…

Tremendous job by all, and thanks to @haroonali1000 for another terrific challenge.

• Brian
5 Likes

First and foremost, Thank @haroonali1000 for this remarkable challenge. I firmly bielieve that the quality of all entries skyrockets with each consequitive event and this challenge actually confirmed that.

I agree, that EDNA challenge participats brought here one of the most well-designed reports made in Power BI that are available in the Internet, starting with (as I believe) the first F1 entry from @Greg , going through an astonishing @JBocher and genius @alexbadiu reports, ending on incredible @sedhosen submission.

All the other submission are also excelent and has some unique, powerfull features or elements that deserves for admiration:

Fred’s report: I like the simplicity and general color theme used in the report,

@JarrettM I really like a theme you used, really helped to feel that “racing mood”, also use of charticulator visual was incredible,

@MehdiH I really like the implementation of full package of functionalities and features like bookmakrs, tooltips, geo-analysis, tables and other stuff,

@sam.mckay I think the use of color (especially font colors) paired with perfectly matched background make this report flowless. It’s just look amazing…

@deltaselect I really like the insights you present in your report. It’s a one-page report that shows most of information you should know at “first glance”,

@Alvi I really like how you make use of bookmark techniques in your report!

Davidcenna what’s cool is that you bring real, interactive data and match it with some specific graphics, which makes such visuals more insightfull and engaging than the actual web site.

Greg , Alex, JBocher I have nothing to add here, as your reports, from my perspective are absolutely genius, and thanks a lot for pushing me to try my best in designing my own entry.

Lastly, thanks to all of You for all kinds words and given congratulations, and also thank you EDNA team (especially you Brian, but not only) for such a sincere welcome after becoming a DNA member. Really appreciate that!

Hear you soon!

9 Likes

Congratulations to @Gustaw, @JBocher and also to all participants !
:clap::clap::clap:
The quality level of the entries for this challenge was just insane!

5 Likes

Congratulation to you @Gustaw and @JBocher well done on the amazing work

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners @Gustaw and @JBocher well deserved.

3 Likes

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Check out Challenge 16 here:

Apologies for the delay have also added the non member winner.

Great Work Mayur Pawar!

Congratulations to all participants be sure to check out challenge 16!

Speak soon.

Haroon

3 Likes

I wanted to offer my congratulations to Mayur as well. This is a very cool report, with great use of color and some really innovative navigation and visualization features. I particularly like the “bump out” action on the side navigation panel when a new page is chosen.

Great work! - the @EnterpriseDNA team will be in touch about your free membership. Thrilled to have you now as part of the Enterprise DNA Membership Community, and look forward to seeing more from you, including hopefully an entry on Data Challenge 16.

– Brian

2 Likes