Power BI Challenge 12 - Transport & Shipping Data

@sedhosen,

Wow! This is an absolutely beautiful report - aesthetically, UI/UX and analytically. I have edited your post to include a publish to web link so that viewers can have the full experience of navigating through your report as a client would.

There is terrific depth of analysis here, but because it is so well organized and easily navigable, it never feels overwhelming. There are just so many great touches here. I’m generally not a fan of Sankey charts but your use of them here is absolutely perfect and adds substantially to the story/insights. I also love your use of the visual stoplights to show on-time/ahead of schedule/lagging…

I could go on and on, but just a magnificent entry all around. Congratulations, and I very much look forward to seeing more of your entries in future challenges! :clap: :clap:

• Brian
2 Likes

Dear @MudassirAli

Thanks for your valuable feedback, and I am glad you liked my report.
I have always learned from your innovative and beautiful reports, and honestly, I stole some of your ideas in previous challenges too :wink:.

Your submission for this challenge is also astoundingly beautiful, analytically, and aesthetically, and I surely will use your ideas in my submissions for future challenges.

Regards
Hossein

3 Likes

Dear @BrianJ

First, thank you for adding the publish to web link to my post, so that other members could navigate through my report and I can have their feedback and comments.

Then, thanks for your feedback, and I am so glad that my report could catch your attention. I have always used your ideas and DAX tricks in my reports and have learned a lot from your reports and videos.

Regards
Hossein

3 Likes

Hi @sedhosen.

I think of it as sharing, never stealing … we’re all committed to learning through sharing (both altruistically and for our own hunger for knowledge). We appreciate your participation and contributions. Keep it up!

Greg

5 Likes

Dear @Greg
Exactly, It is more than clear that we all are here to learn from each other, not to steal sth, and I absolutely agree with this phrase that “sharing is caring”.

Best

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Here the report I have been working on with this challenge dataset.

Regards,
Alexandre

7 Likes

@Alex7891,

Love this report! Can’t wait until I can have a look at the PBIX file. Great job with the analysis.

Thanks
Jarrett

1 Like

Hey Alex, how did you do the hover over animation on the home page?

1 Like

Hi @AntrikshSharma,
Will detail it in the write-up :wink:

1 Like

Wonderful report Alex :heart_eyes:. I love the first page. It is somehow telling all the story in a nutshell.

Thanx
Hossein

2 Likes

Thanks @sedhosen ! Yours is super cool too :smiley: It motivated me to finish mine ^^

3 Likes

@Alex7891,

This is a stunning report. As others have rightly noted, the front page is an amazing attention grabber. But the way you used those colors consistently throughout the report to clearly denote travel mode and clarify the navigation is fantastic – some of the best use of color I’ve ever seen. The drillthrough to the bill of lading is super innovative and perfectly illustrates the great reporting capabilities within Power BI.

I thought your COVID report last month was excellent, but this one is another huge leap forward. Congratulations on an absolutely exceptional entry. :clap: :clap:

• Brian
5 Likes

Thank you @BrianJ, appreciate your kind words.
Let’s keep PowerBI :wink:

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.