Power BI Challenge 12 - Transport & Shipping Data

:mega:Oyezz Oyezz :mega:

I finally finished working on this PBI Challenge edition. It was challenging especially when data quality isn’t that expected.
I worked on cleaning data with SSIS and T-SQL. You can find the link of the project on Github :
https://github.com/AmiraBedhiafi/Power-BI-Challenge-12—Transport-and-Shipping-Data

Cleaned data ::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Challenge12Data.xlsx (308.9 KB)

General Overview :

• a general overview of the Shipments in different Origin and receiving countries

• a general overview of carriers and importers and the number of their shipments

• a general overview of shipments by clients for several months

Partners Overview :

Agents Overview :

My work on Power BI :point_down::point_down::point_down:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Definitely another great challenge and I’m looking forward to seeing all the submissions. Attached is mine.

@BrianJ - in a previous challenge - you were able to publish reports for people. Are you able to still do this?

Challenge 12.pbix (1.0 MB)

Key Features

• Each page has a “Information” button that when clicked will highlight key items on the specific page. This would be beneficial in providing key information/features to end users who may not be familiar with the report. Clicking anywhere on the page will return the user back to the main view. (Feature courtesy of Guy in a Cube)
  • On the “Financials” section, if a user hovers over the bottom charts, additional financial detail information is provided via a Tooltip.
  • Each page as a “Filter Panel” button that show/hides a filter panel. I tend to prefer Filter Panels that a user can show/hide as this provides more filtering options while maximizing real estate.
  • There is a page showing KPIs that rank either customers or employees – and the user can switch between either. The measures are updated based on whether a customer or employee is selected.

10 Likes

Wow!!! First entry out of the gate, and @tweinzapfel throws down the gauntlet!

This was quite a difficult challenge due to the (poor) quality of the dataset, not to mention the complexity in the massive number of columns. This report does a fabulous job of making sense of that data, and extracting a wide range of important findings. I can tell you put a ton of time and thought into this. Great use of the Flow Map, the GIAC info page (awesome technique for making the report clearer to users), tooltips and many other techniques.

Really like your financial tooltip breakdown of income versus expenses – have never seen it done quite that way before, but really tells the financial story well. Your color theme and report organization work well together – very polished, professional look that reminds me of @greg’s outstanding reports.

You’ve been consistently putting together strong entries for a while, but this one is a major leap forward. Congratulations on a fantastic entry! :clap: :clap:

• Brian

P.S. And yes, for you and anyone else who needs their reports published to web, just let me know and I’m more than happy to do that.

3 Likes

Hi guys

This is my submission for EDNA Challenge 12. I am having some issues uploading the report link at my end due to some system issue. I will be doing it tonight and also sharing the write-up as well

Best Regards
Abu Bakar Alvi

12 Likes

Hi

Here is the link to the report.

Looking forward to feedback and comments on this rather difficult dataset. I have tried to solve the challenge as per my understanding and will be sharing it in the write-up.

Regards
Abu Bakar Alvi

4 Likes

Hi guys
This is what I have done for the eDNA Challenge #12.
It was a great challenge, and I really learned a lot participating in this challenge.

This is also the PBIX file:
eDNA Challenge #12 - Hossein Seyedagha.pbix (9.1 MB)

14 Likes

@sedhosen, @Alvi, @amira.bedhiafi.pro, and @tweinzapfel Great reports, there are multiple things to learn from all of your reports. Thank you!

6 Likes

Hello Everybody,

This challenge has really been the toughest so far especially the absence of the requirement(s) added more to the difficulty level. It was not easy to decide what to include and what not to in the report but JMAP decided to base the analysis on the profitability rather than getting bogged down into uncountable columns. Therefore, we prepared the report that shows what can be done or analyzed with Logistics industry rather than worrying about the dataset too much that was the main hindrance in completing the challenge.

Having said that, JMAP came up with the App-Like report that is simple & not clustered with lots of details:

Detailed write-up will be up shortly. Kudos to those who worked so hard in completing the challenge & showing even with bad data, EDNA members will provide the best analysis.

13 Likes

Just looks outstanding! :heart_eyes: Gorgeous theme!

4 Likes

Wow, it’s crazy good!!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow, unbelievable submissions.

JMAP - seriously, incredible!

5 Likes

@amira.bedhiafi.pro Great report. Given the complexity of the data, you have managed to create a great report that highlights different shipment style. Moreover, you did a great job on cleaning the data. After this challenge, you should feel confident & proud because this was not in any way the easy challenge at all. My only advice would be to use 2 to 3 colors consistently throughout the report.

Great job overall :+1:

4 Likes

@tweinzapfel WOW such an outstanding improvement in the overall expertise of report building skills.The way you have managed to break down very complex data in an easy-to-consume way is really remarkable especially the financial metrics section is just outstanding. I never would have thought of presenting the financial information in such a way that is very easy to digest for the non-accounting professionals.

Well Done :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @MudassirAli
Great report :star_struck:, as usual. Impatiently waiting to deep dive into your report and learn more from you.

3 Likes

@sedhosen I am literally impressed by this report as it covers all the details of the logistics company. The first page really highlights the key points that management would be interested to look at it a on a continuous basis. The theme & overall style of the report is striking including the analysis that is top class. I am definitely stealing some ideas from your report & looking forward to the detailed write up.

Amazing submission :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Wow Wow Wow.

Amazing work from all entrants some excellent submissions across the board. :clap: :clap:

Totally agree with some of the other messages this challenge was by no means an easy ask and the entries on display have shown that no matter what the data the Enterprise DNA community delivers.

Looking forward to diving into the specifics of every report.

A massive well done to all participants. :slight_smile:

Speak soon.

Haroon

1 Like

Thank you ! Always remember sharing is caring :smiley:

1 Like

This is how the reports should look in 2050 !

5 Likes

@Rachwen_Mesbehi,

Thanks! Hope to see you in future challenges - always really enjoy your entries.

• Brian
2 Likes

Thanks Brian !

1 Like