Help required in creating Navigation

Hello Team ,

Am creating one Dashboard where I require a help in creating the Navigation for the same.

Scenerio - I have have 5 business lines in the first page and when I click on the biz line it will jump into the page which contains firstly Table of contents with the selected business line background. Eg - I have done for Infra.

Secondly when I click on the menu in the Table of contents it will reflect the data pertaining to Infra only with infra background and Infra Data.

Like the above I want whichever Biz line I select in the first page the next page background should change and also the data in the subsequent Pages should change, currently I have used Page level filter for this and also I don’t want to create multiple pages for different biz line.

I have attached the Dummy_Data and Background images according to Biz line for your reference.

Dummy_Data.pbix (273.6 KB) Dummy_Data.xlsx (14.2 KB)

Hi @Dharma. AFAIK, you can’t dynamically set a page background, but you might be able to remove the background from the table of contents, then instead add 5 full-page-size images (one for each business line) (or blank buttons with images) at the lowest Z-order (i.e., at the bottom of the selection pane), then use 5 bookmarks with each one having one image visible and four images hidden. Hope this helps.
Greg

Hello @Dharma,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

As @Greg rightly suggested, you cannot change the background dynamically on a single page. Rather create different pages with different back-grounds and then use the “Page Navigation and Bookmarking” technique to change it dynamically. There’s lot’s and lot’s of contents available onto our education portal that will guide you through this. Our experts @JarrettM and @MudassirAli have also created courses based on this. Below are some of the links provided for the reference.

I sincerely recommend you to go through those links since visaulization is a subjective topic and you’ll be in a best position to design your reports as per your requirements.

Hoping this links help you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

1 Like

Hi @Dharma, did the response provided by @Harsh help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query. Thanks!

@Dharma,

@Harsh is absolutely right that you can’t dynamically change backgrounds in Power BI. However, like many things in Power BI, with some ingenuity you can develop workarounds to those constraints. This question came up in another thread recently, related to dynamically changing background colors:

In addition, here are two other recent threads about manipulating transparency values with DAX. I think these techniques could be used in combination with screen sized buttons filled with the desired images and showing/hiding them based on DAX logic and synching slicers (along the lines of @Greg’s suggestion):

I hope this is helpful.

• Brian

Hi @Dharma, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @Dharma, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 12th of May. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved

Hi @Dharma, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.

We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!