Challenge 24 -"Sport - Football/Soccer Players Summer Transfers Season 2022-23

@FPastor

Hello All,

WELCOME TO CHALLENGE 24.

“Sport – Football/Soccer Players Summer Transfers Season 2022-23”

We are excited to introduce Challenge 24 now!

Challenge 23 “Health-Substance Abuse Data Analysis” was succeeded by 154 entries, 450+ analysis pages, 650+ DAX measures, and 500+ Navigation buttons, bookmarks, and Tooltips. Thanks for everyone’s engagement and dedication.

Welcome to join EDNA data challenge LinkedIn Group:

Support Resources:

Challenge Forum:

Previous challenge highlights:

Categories

Experts & Previous Winners – EDNA Experts and Previous Challenge Winners

Platform Subscribers Winner Open only to Enterprise DNA on Demand subscribers.

Winning Non-member - Open to entrants not currently Enterprise DNA on Demand subscribers.

Out of the Box Thinker - For those digging deep into their analysis.

Creative Head - For those bringing a bit of extravagance into their report and analysis.

Best Report Write up - For those providing the most insightful, instructional explanation of how they constructed their report and met their personal learning objectives for the challenge.

Prizes

There are some excellent prizes on offer from free membership (for all category winners) to Packt books and more – much more!!

Free Subscriptions to Enterprise DNA Learning Platform.

10 Likes

@FPastor

The Brief

After rolling out an excellent Substance Abuse Data Analysis, we are announcing Challenge 24 –

“Sport – Football/Soccer Players Summer Transfers Season 2022-23”

About the dataset/s

1 CSV File – Season 2022_2023 Football Summer Transfers
1 CSV File – Challenge 24 Data Dictionary
1 PBI File – Data Model Provided (Including Data Dictionary)
1 SVG File – Football Pitch
1 PDF – Challenge Brief

Important Read!!

Our project start date is Thursday, 03/11/2022 and your reports must be submitted by Tuesday, 15/12/2022 no later than 11:59pm (UK Time) .

Report Developer Role:

It is your job as an analyst to prepare an analysis report about the Football/Soccer Players Summer Transfers Season 2022-23.

1. Develop an analysis report (slide deck style).

2. Address the following questions from stakeholders, accompany with visuals.

a. Youngest player by country.

b. Oldest player by country.

c. Average age of players.

d. Most players transferred for a specific position.

e. What is Market Value for highest paid player in the dataset.

f. Highest paid player (fees) in the dataset.

g. Highest paid player (fees) by position in the dataset.

h. What clubs the Premier League has signed newest players according to the dataset.

i. How many players are under 18 years old and in which country will they be playing.

j. From the players in the dataset, create your top 11 players – use the svg file (football pitch) in the dataset for the formation or use your own football pitch file.

1. Deliver any additional findings and recommendations.

Special Client Requirements:

Ms. Angie Claire Verdadero, the Enterprise DNA Football Association CFO, is presenting to stakeholders - the Association Players Summer Transfers figures for the current season 2022-23.

• Ms. Verdadero wanted to create this presentation in Power Point but has decided to use Power BI for her presentation.
  • Ms. Verdadero has made a specific request for the report pages size of 1920:1080 pixels.
  • Ms. Verdadero wants an Intro Page with a seamless navigation bar to transition between pages. She has no problem whether, this is vertical or horizontal and has hinted to liking pop-up menus.
  • Ms. Verdadero is looking for an impactful, slide deck style, presentation addressing the questions in the brief and accompanied by diverse visuals. She is aiming to Wow!! her audience.

Reports are not limited to any number of pages and no other restrictions, or techniques. Feel free to use all the techniques at your disposal – tooltips, drill throughs, page navigations, etc.

That is all for the brief!

Submission of entries

To be considered within the competition, entries are due no later than 11:59pm BTS (UK Time) on Tuesday, 15 December 2022.

Join our challenge group at

How to submit:

Email the completed PBIX file to

federico.pastor@enterprisedna.co

powerbichallenge@enterprisedna.co

Take an image of your report and post it to the Enterprise Challenges Group

Take the image plus URL and post them on LinkedIn accepting the challenge –

“I accepted the Enterprise DNA challenge.” Use below tags.

#EDNADataChallenge #EDNASportFootballSoccer

We always encourage all participants to provide a summary with the most insightful, instructional explanation of how they constructed their reports and met their personal learning objectives for the challenge.

If you need any help with publishing, please reach out to one of the team managers for assistance (post in the forum/LinkedIn group) or email to federico.pastor@enterprisedna.co

Datasets

Modelled Dataset

Modelled_Dataset_C24.zip

Unmodelled Dataset

Unmodelled_Dataset_C24.zip

6 Likes

If someone need brief with highlights:

Good luck everyone

4 Likes

Pay attentions: some players have more transfers /loans - like:

Good luck

3 Likes

Nice one, exciting

3 Likes

Hello, good morning and happy Sunday to all, I am reviewing the data and in the question that indicates Most of the players transferred for a specific position.
The word transferred refers to the transferred only or the total per position of both the transferred and the purchased.
Thank you for your help and I wish you a wonderful Sunday.

3 Likes

@VICENTEajm

Hola Vicente,

it refers to what field position has the highest count of transfers( Centre-Forward with 378 ) but this is quite simple to come out with, but it is the same per country? and or specific Leagues? - Should I perhaps simplify positions in a more understandable manner ( Goalkeeper - Left back - Centre defenders (2)- Right back - Left winger - Centre midfielders (2) - Right winger and strikers ( 2 ) ) based on a 4-4-2 formation.

Remember 1 question, one simple answer but it allows for further exploration and insights :sunglasses:

I hope this helps

Federico

3 Likes

Hello everyone, today I share a bit of the progress I am making in the report with this fabulous data set.

5 Likes

I noticed that in challange 23 and 24 (didn’t participate before) data model is built in a way that there are created multiple dimension tables with only index column and in some cases one additional column on top of index column.
Out of curiosity, is there any benefit in prepaing data model this way?
//Edit Just to clarify, I understand the concept of star schema etc, just wondering if in more complex datasets it makes sense to create such index column in fact table and new dimension tables for some reason.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Azmir Murad via email.

Here’s how Azmir Murad described it:

“Please find my entry for Challenge 24 “Summer Player Transfers - Season 2022-23”. It was really amazing to play with this dataset. Although a bit hard as I don’t know much about Football. Had to take some lessons from a close friend.”​

You can view the full report here
Azmir Murad

Please feel free to give your feedback on his report.

4 Likes

Hello, dear group, how are you? I hope that I wanted to know a question to obtain the benefits or profits by country of what was sold and what was bought in players. The idea would be to create a single table where all the countries are and on it obtain sums of both and subtract it. It would be fine, so I was validating the data tonight but I don’t know if someone else calculated this already and gave me a light and I shared the print of the result

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Aqil Ismayilov via email.

Here’s how Aqil Ismayilov described it:

“Here is my EDNA challenge “Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I hope you like it.”

Aqil Ismayilov

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Sean Chandler via email.

Here’s how Sean Chandler described it:

“For my approach, I made heavy use of bookmarks to toggle between the different “slides” and organized my views around demographics (ages of players), the positions of the players being transferred. Hope you all enjoy and good luck with your own submissions.”​

Sean Chandler

6 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Vicente A Magallanes via email.

Here’s how Vicente A Magallanes described it:

“Today I share my entry for the​ Enterprise DNA challenge “Sport – Football/Soccer Players Summer Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ which is about the summer transfer market, I really had a great time these days doing this challenge. I felt like I had a new toy, I enjoy these challenges and they make me happy.”​

Vicente A Magallanes

4 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Mustafa O.Hassan via email.

Here’s how Mustafa O.Hassan described it:

“Here is my DNA challenge “Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I hope you like it.”

Mustafa O.Hassan

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I was going to do a comparison of the players who had been sold twice and not on loan, to show which clubs made money on a selling of a player they had just bought.

However, I have noticed that the data is not in chronological order and there is no way to order the transfers as there is no dates. I assumed that the table was in transfer order, so the index I created is not chronological when you dive into the clubs from and too.

Any ideas how this could be achieved, with the current data set?

1 Like

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Vikram Aiyer via email.

Here’s how Vikram Aiyer described it:

“Please find my entry for Challenge 24“Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I hope you like it.”

Vikram Aiyer

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Kiruba Selvi via email.

Here’s how Kiruba Selvi described it:

“Please find my entry for Challenge 24“Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I hope you like it. Thank you for always inspiring me with your submissions, As always, I learned a lot from the community and looking forward to learning more.”

Kiruba Selvi

Please feel free to give your feedback on her report.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Sidy A Ndiaye via email.

Here’s how Sidy A Ndiaye described it:

“Please find my entry for Challenge 24“Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I organized my work in many views.​
Analysis of player population (age distribution, older, young…), then analysis of transfer fees by position, country…then a view on transfer directions (in, out), total transfer by position….”​

Sidy A Ndiaye

2 Likes

Hi everyone, this is an entry submitted by Federico Pastor via email.

Here’s how Federico Pastor described it:

“Please find my entry for Challenge 24“Sport – Football/Soccer Summer Player Transfers Season 2022-23​”​ report. I have focused heavily on the of smart narrative and selected value measures to select my favorite 11 and their personal values. I hope you like it.”​

Federico Pastor

2 Likes