Can't change Format for Measure

Hi,

I am working on a video tutorial called Dynamic Visualisation Techniques in the Financial Reporting W/ Power BI and I can’t seem to change the format of a particular measure. Do you know why this is? Please see screenshot of the measure I am working on and you can see the Formatting is greyed out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Yusuf.

Hello @YusufGillani,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well, the formatting part is greyed out because you’ve used the “FORMAT()” function in your measure. Once you use this function it converts the figures into the text format by default and sets that format. Second thing is, within that as well you’ve incorporated two different formats i.e. one for “Number” in terms of “0.00” and one for the “Percentages” in terms of “0.00%”. Due to use of “Characters” as well you won’t be able to change the formatting by using the “Format” option available under the “Formatting” menu.

Sam in his videos as well has agreed that once you use the “FORMAT()” function the figures will get converted into the “Text” format and then formatting cannot be changed by using the normal option.

I’m also providing few links below where similar sort of queries were being asked onto the forum as well about the formatting and what sort of solutions were provided to them but the sort of solution that you’re looking for is currently not achievable due to the usage of “FORMAT()” function.

Hoping this helps you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

2 Likes