Calculation Groups

Hi good day.
I have tried to generate a calculated group in a model that I have, but it gives me the following error.
“The query, New Calculation Group, does not have a valid M Expression.”
I am using the tabular editor to generate the calculated group, I saw the video that was published in this post.

Can’t currently create calculated groups in Power BI Desktop?
Thanks for your help.

Error

Not sure if I understand your question. The only way you can create Calculation Groups right now is if you have Power BI Premium. It won’t be ready for Power BI Pro until sometime this summer.

Thanks
Jarrett

OK thanks
What I understood was that in Power BI Premium it already came as an option to create the calculated groups, as it does when creating a measure.
but then in Power BI Premium you should also use an external program like Tabular editor?

1 Like

Thanks for posting your question @Jesus74. To receive a resolution in a timely manner please make sure that you provide all the necessary details on this thread.

Here is a potential list of additional information to include in this thread; demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.

Including all of the above will likely enable a quick solution to your question.

Hi @Jesus74, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Sorting Calculation Groups