Waterfall chart color change

I’d like there to be three colors on this waterfall chart. EOD = Enter on Duty. That is the date you start work. If that date is today or prior, you are Hired. If your EOD date is in the future, you are Pending. I want a different color for those that are Pending. I don’t know how to make this happen.

Thoughts?waterfall example.pbix (2.7 MB)

@talk2gwhite,

Unfortunately, I don’t think this is possible because the waterfall chart does not have conditional formatting on its color options, per the screenshot below.

However, every time I say something is not possible, someone chimes in with a clever hack to prove me wrong so hopefully that will happen here as well…

• Brian

@talk2gwhite,

I think I might’ve found a solution for you. What I think you need is a waterfall chart that incorporates conditional formatting in the data colors – in looking through the app marketplace, the only one I see that seems to have this capability is the xViz Waterfall chart.

It is a pay visual ($18 per user per year), and is Microsoft certified. Depending on your office’s views on the use of custom visuals, it may be worth taking a look at:

https://xviz.com/visuals/waterfall-chart/

• Brian
1 Like

It’s great to know that you are making progress with your query @talk2gwhite. Please don’t forget if your question has been answered within the forum it is important to mark your thread as ‘solved’. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @talk2gwhite, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 7th of October. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!