Total does not add up correctly

Hello! The variance number on each row is the total variance of mats logged in BR mats and Y mats. Each state has multiple projects, with their own variances, that add up to the total variance per state. When added, the variance total needs to add up to the sum of the state’s values. Right now, it is simply taking the difference of the BR mats total and the Y mats total. I need it to add up the Variance column in the total.
Is this a relationship problem? Is there DAX I should be using?
Thanks!!

Hi @emily.culver, welcome the Forum. However, I noticed you didn’t provide a PBIX file. Providing one will help users and experts find a solution to your inquiry faster and better.

A perfect initial question includes all of the following:

• A clear explanation of the problem you are experiencing
  • A mockup of the results you want to achieve
  • Your current work-in-progress PBIX file
  • Your underlying data file (to allow us to go into Power Query if necessary to transform your data and/or data model – often DAX questions really end up being data modeling solutions)

Check out this thread on Tools and Techniques for Providing PBIX Files with Your Forum Questions

Not completing your data may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.

1 Like

Hi @emily.culver, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since May 11th. We are waiting for the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hello! I am working on modifying the dataset for public viewing.

2 Likes

Hello!
We have solved the problem. Please delete this post.

1 Like

Hi Emily,

rather than deleting the post, could you share how you solved it please?

David

I like to learn from others on how they solve it just incase I run into the same issue in the future

Hi @emily.culver, glad to know you have solved this issue. Could you share the solution you found for our other members? Will keep this post open for now