Segmentation at a given point in Time

Hi - I’m struggling with developing a customers segmentation at any given point in time. For example, an existing customer in 2020 may have been lapsed in 2019, active in 2018, and new in 2017. I am able to calculate current year segmentation obviously, but struggling with calculating any given point in time while maintaining the data on the same row for a 5 year period. As I write this, I’m thinking I would need to develope 5 measures, Current, CY-1, CY-2, CY-3, CY-4…summing all sales activity for that period. At any rate, if anyone could help provide direction, I’d appreciate. I think I’ve watched every single video…and just when I think I fully understand the concept, I get stuck again. HELP PLEASE!!! :slight_smile:

Hi @dbrelsford. Can you provide a PBIX (with small set of sample data, if necessary) and a mock-up in Excel (or screenshot thereof) of your desired output? If it helps, here’s @BrianJ 's YouTube video on how one can anonymize data in Power BI.
Greg

Thanks @Greg, I will take a look at this. The below is the result of the data set I’m trying to create by customer. Thanks for the note on anonymizing the data. The below is sampling.

Hi @dbrelsford, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!