Questions on the Analyst Hub

Is this forum open to questions on the Analyst Hub and how to use it??

Guy

@GuyJohnson,

Sure - fire away.

• Brian

I have created a number of Color Themes for my company and have the JSON files which I use. How do I upload these into My Documents in the Analyst Hub. I really don’t want to recreate everything again.

Also along the same lines is there a way to upload files/links/whatever to the My Documents

Hope that’s clear

Guy

@GuyJohnson,

Uploading links - definitely yes. Portfolio is actually a nice way to organize links. I’ve started putting my video watchlist into Analyst Hub:

Here’s the entry screen:

I just use SnagIt to take a screenshot from the video, which I upload into the Portfolio picture space.

Files - I’m not sure. I thought the same technique might be workable for files, using say a Google Drive link instead of a YouTube link, but when I just tried it, the program didn’t accept the Google Drive link as valid. Will continue to play with this and see if there’s a way to make it work, and let you know.

Also experimenting with the JSON issue. Off to a noon meeting, but will get back to you later today on that one…

• Brian

@BrianJ Thanx much for the explanation. While I understand now about using the Portfolio I think we need a way to upload whatever Documents we may need for reference later. I personally collect numerous files as I’m more of a text person as opposed to video for explanation’s (old school I guess)

I see Portfolios more as a way to collect everything about a Project we’re working on - at least until the Projects area comes online.

Thanx for your input.

Guy

@GuyJohnson,

Okay, been experimenting with JSON question and the only way I can figure out how to bring existing color themes into Analyst Hub is if you have a report done using that theme, then take a screenshot of it and upload that picture to Image to Colors, and it should re-create that color theme to allow you to share it/save it.

However, that’s a pretty limited way to do it and I think the ability to directly import existing color theme files into Analyst Hub for modification in Color Palette and/or sharing with the community is a terrific idea, and I’ve proposed that in the feedback section. Be sure to go in and upvote it!

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

1 Like

Added my vote

1 Like

This is a good idea Guy. We’ll work on something that can enable this.

1 Like

Hi @GuyJohnson, Thank you for providing us a very good insight into group discussion in Analyst Hub. We recently launched the Forum Survey, which enables us to review the members’ feedback and the improvement needed in the forum. We will greatly appreciate it if you can answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey and rest assured that all your inputs will be well recognized.