Protecting Intellectual Property

I have developed a model that extracts data from a commercial software system. I haven’t received any help from the suppliers!!!

I have been approached by other users of that software who would like a copy of my model.

It has taken a long time to work out how the underlying database works and I really do not want to hand over my ‘intellectual property’.

Do you know any way that I can supply this to them without revealing the source?

I assume it isn’t possible to ‘compile’ or lock parts of the source.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi @kellysolutions, please check out this video by BrianJ to learn more about https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/how-to-mask-sensitive-data-in-power-bi/7788. You might get additional tips here.

1 Like

Hi @kellysolutions, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!