Power BI Challenge 9 - Currency Conversion and More from Amdi

Here’s Amdi’s entry for Power BI Challenge 9. @Amdi, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Amdi described it:

Hi all

This is my submission.

When I saw the challenge I though, now I have the possiblity to learn how to calculate with currency. And Indeed, there was a lot of currency.

Out from the model in the description I build my model with the three currency tables, which relate to the three amounts Purchase, Haulage and Sale. This solution helps me a lot.

I calculated the new currency on the date (Delivery Date).

Created a currency table Where | Pund to USD | Pund to EURO | EURO to USD | EURO to Pound | USD to Pound| USD to EURO.

When I worked through, I realized that when Purchase-Pound, Haulage-Pound and Sale-EURO on the same row. When calculate Purchase and Haulage to EURO I did not get Sale- EURO to EURO. I handled this by expanding the currency table with the three currency. Where the rate was 1 for EURO to EURO | Pound to Pound | USD to USD |.

Example on a calculation for Ref-001 just for one quantity.

Sale -60

Purchase -112

Haulage 600

Formula= Sale – Purchase – Haulage

Result = -60 – (-112 + 600)= -548

In my calculations I only used Est. Weight

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements, through the Data Challenge our members can now share how they built their dashboard and what their inspiration is in building it. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Amdi it looks like a quick and dirty report build here. But once again appreciate the efforts and can see that you’re making small improvements as we go which is great to see. I hope you’re also seeing this as a solid learning experience to push yourself a little bit more around various different parts of your power BI development.

Nice one

Sam