Power BI Challenge 9 - Currency Conversion and More from Alexander

Here’s Alexander’s entry for Power BI Challenge 9. @AFetisov, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Alexander described it:

Few notes:

• Connected to exchange rate extraction file with daily rates from the Reserve Bank of Australia Site. Then done some manipulation using the AUD rate to be able to switch between various currencies (in out case EUR, USD, and GBP)

• With the daily exchange rates the totals will be more accurate than applying the latest rate to historical transaction values.

• Experimented with report design - neomorphic and minimalistic approach.

Being reporting an analytics manager in a major construction company found that most executives prefer minimum navigation and a few filters. So followed the rule “less is more”. If aiming at more operational lower level dashboards, then would create detailed analytics.

Started doing this yesterday evening and continued today after main work, therefore completed only the high level.

Looking forward to your feedback.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements, through the Data Challenge our members can now share how they built their dashboard and what their inspiration is in building it. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Nice one. I like the filtering that you have enabled. That’s a interesting design and great way to showcase to the user how easy it is to navigate around the report.

Some of the visualizations seem a little bit off to me. Cause mainly you can’t really see anything unless you Scroll down such a huge amount of information. So maybe you want to just have a better think about how to represent data in that case. Maybe a table would have been better to use or potentially created a different grouping of your data so that you could represent it in a much more seamless way. Making it easy for the consumer to see straight away what sort of key insights they should be looking at.

Really well done on your submission here. Definitely some solid work done around your thought process and model setup etc will stop but I definitely think you can extend yourself a little bit more here. Look for inspiration from other submissions across the various different challenges we’ve had so far. I definitely feel you’re in a good spot to push this even further.

Sam