Power BI Challenge 8 - Jira IT Service Desk Analysis Entry from Prajakta (non-member)

Here’s the entry from one of our non-member participants, Prajakta.

Here’s how Prajakta described it:

I have focused on more visuals rather than data, as it was my 1st attempt.

I had no clue that we can modify data in the contest, rather focused on what can be shown.

I was actually excited to use my own ideas, new & creative look of the dashboard.

There was inconsistency in data, but I have included insights on:

1. Total Issues.
  2. Resolved Issues.
  3. Resolved issues by assigner (Scroll).
  4. Total issues by issue category
  5. Monthly Average TAT.
  6. Issues by their respective status.
  7. A table with issue details( My clients mostly are good at excel they do prefer a table in dashboards).
  8. A button on left which gives options to show slicer. (Saves the space, makes it attractive and less compact). Sclicers are - date, issue key, resolution and Assignee.
  9. Slicers can be selected (Background gets blur).Also a reset and a back option available
  10. Visuals in tool tips are used to show more information in single page which also reduce time in performance analyzer.
  11. Refresh time is given below the title for user to know when the data got last refreshed.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

Nice effort on this report and submission. I can see that you have tried to build in some unique navigation features and also utilized tooltips in an interesting way.

Couple of things I would make sure to do next time is have a consistent color palette. I don’t think the bright green in red really work well together and you want to make sure that you keep things as simple as possible around your colors. Instead of using the tree map I probably would have used maybe a donut chart or a bar chart.

You also want to have clear grids in how you set out your report pages.

But great effort here overall. I really like the way you’ve created the pop out filtering section. That’s not an easy technique and it works pretty well in my view especially how you’ve also placed that white rectangle covering the rest of the report to make sure the user is focused in on the filters before they do anything else. Really smart idea that’s I can take some inspiration from myself.

Well done

Sam