Power BI Challenge 7 - Purchases, Inventory And Sales Entry From Nebiyu

Here is @Neba’s entry for Power BI Challenge 7.

Details of the entry below:

Data Model:-

The challenging part for me was creating a Data Model that is efficient, and it took me awhile to come up with one that works well for the requirement.
I created the following three dimension tables and fact tables in Power Query :-

There are four dimension tables created after extracting distinct values of the Purchase Orders, Materials, Customers and a new Date table.

In order to create some of the calculations needed for this report, the three tables provided were merged using a left join starting with the biggest table which is invoices table in Power Query.

Visualizations:-

I created the visuals on this report after learning from my fellow participants on how to create a tool tip visual and some other techniques.
So thanks every one for the continuous learning experience I am having and for your support.

Purchase Order Insights

Here is the link to the report:

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

Hi @Neba, thank you for sending your entry to Power BI Challenge 7. We appreciate your participation and support in the challenges. See you in the next round.

1 Like