Power BI Challenge 7 - Purchases, Inventory And Sales Entry from Amal

Here’s Amal’s entry for Power BI Challenge 7. @amal.rebai1995, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s how Amal described it:

I displayed in cards: total sales, profits and costs, avg days taken to receive the orders & avg days taken to bill the orders.

Count purchased, received and invoiced orders and quantity purchased, received and invoiced.

I added a table to detail each order: the Purchase date, First and latest date Received, and the number of days between the order and the last entry.

Also I displayed the First date billed and latest date billed, and the number of days between the first entry at the warehouse and the last invoice date for each order.

To see tooltip for detailed materials by purchase order, hover over the visual tableau.

I created 2 scatter charts the first to show the average days taken to arrive a the Warehouse by PO compared to quantity sold the second to show the average days taken to bill the customers by PO compared to quantity invoiced.

I segmented the “purchase to receive period” into groups of days to display the costs for each period also for the “receive to bill period”, I divided it into groups to display the sales for each period.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

3 Likes

Congrats on your entry here. Really like how clear it is and some of the innovative techniques you’ve used.

I can see you’ve used a dynamic grouping technique which I really like and I think breaks down some of the complexity in the data.

Also I think the layout works pretty well, one thing I’m a little bit unsure of though is the color theme. I think you missed a little bit here where some of the background colors don’t really contrast well with the blue that you’ve used. Also the fact you’ve got different and border types I think you want to try and ultimately be more consistent with these.

I must say though that this is quite similar to my own creation and I think that we probably thought quite similarly around how to represent the information for someone to consume.

So well done, few little cleanups and I think this would be a top rated report

Sam