Power BI Challenge 6 - Insurance Complaints

@Greg,

Totally agree with @MudassirAli in that I think the bright red theme looks awesome, but wish you’d committed to it fully. As always, so many detailed touches to love in this report (I’m 100% stealing that Chevron page navigation construct). One thing I absolutely cannot figure out is how you got the publish to web to default to full-screen with no other on-screen navigation except that which is native to the report itself?

• Brian

Hi all,

I am in awe of all the wonderful reports in this challenge, I look forward to learning about all your reports. I almost do not do it. It took me more time than I expected. My report is simple I tried to do more complex but with my current knowledge will take longer.

I did not do anything fancy, I will write about my work later.

Excellent work everybody!!!, this is amazing.

Diana

Here a link to the report

app.powerbigov.us

Power BI Report

Report powered by Power BI

Thanks to BrianJ for publishing the report. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thanks @MudassirAli. I’m looking forward as well to extending the use of the “TopN and Others” technique. I couldn’t agree more on the theme … I did it all in red at first, but then found it difficult to differentiate, so tried to find (and failed epically) to find nice complementary colours … oh well … perhaps next time. Greg

2 Likes

Thanks @BrianJ. It was my first try with PTW, so not sure … it just happened. The only thing I can guess is that I hid all pages except for the first page; perhaps if PTW only “sees” one visible page? Greg

3 Likes

Unbelievable the quality of work that’s being submitted here. Wow

Posting my completed report shortly.

Sam

2 Likes

I’m done!

Loved working through this, I’ve gone all out with my design too really how far you can take Power BI and your UI.

I really wanted to build a full on application this time round. These type of reporting applications are where you can showcased immense value in what you are doing. No other tool compares to the feature set of Power BI in enabling this.

More details to follow how I did a few features here

21 Likes

Love the navigation feature here Diana. Looks awesome

8 Likes

Love the colour scheme Jarrett. Perfect combination used throughout

3 Likes

Unbelievable creativity here. So impressed!

I’m inspired myself look at your report.

Love many small details here

4 Likes

Great colour scheme here. You haven’t over done it and it superb based on it’s simplicity

1 Like

Amazing work everyone,

I look forward to doing a more in-depth analysis on each report in the project update category.

Sam

1 Like

mic drop !!!

4 Likes

@sam.mckay this is the first time I have seen you using so many techniques in a report. I loved the way you broken down individuals and business complaints analysis in two different tables.
The way you analyzed status change using different colors and icons is also very cool.

1 Like

Hello Forum members,

Please let me share my submission.

My focus on this challenge 6 are.

• Simple colour use
  • Pages to condense
  • Logo size and locations to be consistent

These are what I could not achieve in the previous challenge 5 so I have done my best to improve this time.

The report screen shots are as below.

I have created two parameters for status changes and completion days so the auditors can find which complaint ID files they need to look into.
After filtering those, result details are shown on the table.
Red flag pops up in visual tool tip if days to complete (average 13 days) or number of status changes (average 3 times) are over the average.

Just wondering how amazing all the other participants reports are. They are so beautiful.

Thank you for letting me to share the report.

Regards,

Hideo

9 Likes

…Speechless!!!

Wow wow wow. Everyone well done, an amazing standard of work. Its going to be a tough one to judge!

Please can you all ensure that your pbix files have submitted and any participants wanting to be considered for the newcomer challenge please let us know.

Thanks All.

Haroon

1 Like

Hi everyone

Sorry for leaving this to the last minute. I underestimated the scope of the challenge and started very late but finished just in time

Here is my submission to Challenge 6!!

click through

I will post a detailed report later with techniques and metrics used.

Awesome submissions by everyone. Please do give feedback and suggestions.

The report can be seen at the following link

Looking forward!

Regards
Abu Bakar Alvi

12 Likes

@MudassirAli thank you and I totally agree, it’s really cool to see so many different (and high quality) reports on the same data. Especially data you already understand.

The chart I used on the Trends is the combo line/stacked column chart. It gave the look I want but the tooltips would not cooperate with me at all!

My fav part about this was playing with the calculation groups to be able to use a chiclet to flip the date table to be joined to complaint date or completion date. And then also using a bookmark/button to move between date/month.

7 Likes

Hello everyone, pls see below images of my report and pbix file. HomePage|690x387

complaintLookup

A brief overview

1. Created a reporting homepage from where we can access three other reports
    (i.e. Customer,Complaints and Broker Analysis) using
    page navigation
  2. Created a table tooltip on the Complaints analysis page to show the numbers of days
    between change in status
3 Likes

InsuranceComplaintAnalysis.pbix (1.8 MB)

2 Likes

@BrianJ This is super interesting, I am always struggling with getting that AI visual to work honestly! I am not sure why Daniel Harris is chosen though. From what I can see he’s doing ok – 5 complaints and the the only one with an outcome is positive, the rest are N/A. I am wondering what I am missing?