Power BI Challenge 15 - Formula 1 Analysis

Hi All

Apologies for missing the deadline, below is the screen shots and comments for my submission on challenge 15.

Measures

1. Used the RANKX function to get the Positions on the Driver and Constructor Standings tooltip
  2. Had selected text using these measures (Selected Constuctor, Selected Driver and Selected Race) which was
    displayed on a CARD visual in each of the respective tooltips
  3. Calculated 3 Average measures (ie. Avg. LapTime Position,Avg Qualifying Position and Avg. Race Position)
    and use them on the Driving Standings lookup page

Learning Outcomes

1. Use a button toggle button feature to switch between the Constructor and Driver Standings pages and show this on the same page. Enhanced my knowledge in using bookmarks to achieve this.

Things to Learn/Improve on

1. Ability to add more compelling insights on a single page

Overview Page

Race Lookup

Driver Standings Lookup

Constructor Standings Lookup

5 Likes

That is stunning and incredible

1 Like

Thanks, @sam.mckay appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Lolz @BrianJ
f1

2 Likes

@BrianJ ,

Thank you very much for the feedback and your kind words which have just cheered me up because I was not really satisfied with the work provided.

Regards,
Mehdi

2 Likes

@MudassirAli ,

Thank you very much for the feedback and the advice. I can confirm that participating in such as challenge improve skills.

This is just my second participation and for this report I integrated for the first time a specific theme. So I’m definitely improving my skills maybe small steps but like we said in French “Petit à petit l’oiseau fait son nid” (Little by little the bird makes its nest)

Regards,

• Mehdi
3 Likes

@MehdiH We all started from zero my friend, no one was ever born an expert. I just keep on trying to improve day by day, being part of eDNA will only accelerate that process for both of us.

3 Likes

@Gustaw ,
Amazing report.
Thank you for the description

@DavieJoe Last year this time, I came to know that there is such a thing called “BOOKMARKS” in Power BI. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You’ve done pretty well since then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Brian:

I received email that displayed an image of my report, and an “introduction” by you for the report.

Do I need to do anything to have my report published to this thread? Or is everything taken care of?

Thanks.

John Giles

So I’m definitely improving my skills maybe small steps but like we said in French “Petit à petit l’oiseau fait son nid” (Little by little the bird makes its nest)

@MehdiH ,

That’s a fantastic quote and I think it’s the perfect approach to learning Power BI. When I first started with PBI, I vowed to learn just one new thing per day, every day. Some days it’s a flood of new things, while other days it’s just one cool Power Query or DAX trick I pick up on the forum. But all those little things quickly add up to big progress.

– Brian

1 Like

@JohnG ,

I did include the published link in my response to your initial report posting above, but I would suggest that you edit that initial post, and paste in the link and a couple of screenshots. These threads get referenced repeatedly, even after the challenge concludes, so having a complete initial posting of your report is quite valuable.

• Brian

The report you designed and the metrics you developed are just mind blowing.
Amazing job

2 Likes

Thanks @MehdiH

1 Like

@Alvi is back with a Bang !

This report is such a treat to look at & the way it presents the analysis is amazing. Using flags instead of country names is unique & I haven’t seen it before elsewhere. Most importantly, it is truly a one-pager dashboard. The way you have used the navigations is very creative & placed in the right areas. I am really impressed with the work you have put into this report. :clap:

You are F1 fan & you did complete justice with F1 dashboard.

3 Likes

Haha, bringing here a marvel scene just made my day @BrianJ :smiley:
Always appreciate your kinds words.

1 Like

Thank you @MehdiH
You’re welcome.

2 Likes

There are so many talented people here and it’s actually you who set the bar so high :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Alvi thats a good one, can’t wait to go through your write-up to dig much further. Good work

2 Likes