Power BI Challenge 15 - Formula 1 Analysis from Mehdi

Here’s Mehdi’s entry for Power BI Challenge 15. @MehdiH, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s the link to the report:

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Fabulous work. I love the navigation and how you have made it super intuitive for the user to click round your report into different aspects of the analysis.

I particularly like how you’ve differentiated which page someone is on by using a simple shape above the icon. This is really smart and I congratulate you on thinking outside the box on this small thing. It really does make a difference.

One of the things that does stand out to me is the colors. Some of these colors just don’t work well together particularly in your map. So this is one thing to have a look at and two make a small adjustment on for next time.

I think also if you’re using a dark background you probably want to remove the background in some of your visuals and tables that you have created. Have a look at some of the other submissions and see how the insights really mold into the background a lot better than some of your later pages.

I’m really impressed with the overall feel of your reporting application here though you’ve definitely followed a lot of best practices which I talk about so really impressed by that. Definitely look to challenge yourself next time and take things to another level. I know you can.

Sam

1 Like