Power BI Challenge 15 - Formula 1 Analysis from Eze

Here’s Eze’s entry for Power BI Challenge 15. @Eze, feel free to add other details of your work.

Here’s the link to the report:

And here’s how Eze described it:

Measures

1. Used the RANKX function to get the Positions on the Driver and Constructor Standings tooltip
  2. Had selected text using these measures (Selected Constuctor, Selected Driver and Selected Race) which was
    displayed on a CARD visual in each of the respective tooltips
  3. Calculated 3 Average measures (ie. Avg. LapTime Position,Avg Qualifying Position and Avg. Race Position)
    and use them on the Driving Standings lookup page

Learning Outcomes

1. Use a button toggle button feature to switch between the Constructor and Driver Standings pages and show this on the same page. Enhanced my knowledge in using bookmarks to achieve this.

Things to Learn/Improve on

1. Ability to add more compelling insights on a single page

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

1 Like

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Hi Eze,

Thanks for your submission. It looks like you’re still getting started with power BI which is absolutely fine. There’s nothing better than participating in these challenges to improve your skills.

I think next time try and expand the features that you’re using inside your reports. I think you can use some visualizations, maybe some better colors across your report and also just some edited functionality especially to the navigation.

The more you challenge yourself and try techniques out the better your submissions will become.

Sam