Power BI Challenge 14 - Emergency Services Analytics

@DavieJoe, the graph on slide 3 showing the distribution of calls is awesome. Where did you find it?

4 Likes

Hi, please find my post attached for Challenge 14.

I accepted the #EnterpriseDNAPowerBIChallenge

Challenge 14 Steven Stanford.pbix (940.9 KB)

7 Likes

It’s a custom visual called Bowtie

1 Like

Very elegant visual and easy to set up. Thanks @DavieJoe

1 Like

Thank you, very kind. I’ve just seen your submission this morning. Incredible submission, colour scheme works really well, and visually so clean. I’ll be taking some tips from that for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Sam, thanks for the kind words much appreciated. Humbled for you to say you’d take some tips from my report. I actually took quite a few tips and influence from @MudassirAli and his submission for Power BI Challenge 10 - Supplier Insight from Mudassir - Challenge Updates - Enterprise DNA Forum

Check it out if you can.

Thanks again

David

2 Likes

Thank you very much @sam.mckay

Really like it @MehdiH great job!

1 Like

Hi challengers,
You made awesome reports and blowing charts that gave me ideas to improve my work and I will definitely work on a version 2. Thank you so much for that.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @DavieJoe

1 Like

Hi @DavieJoe ,
Your report is very interesting and efficient, I like the theme, the toggle buttons to switch between views on the same page and of course the Bowtie custom visual because I was just looking for some think like that.

1 Like

Thanks @MehdiH The Bowtie visual was something I stumbled across, worked quite well but it has some limitations.

Challenge 14.pbix (880.4 KB)
Challenge 14 Data.xlsx (603.7 KB)

Hi, here’s my submission for Challenge 14.

I accepted the #EnterpriseDNAPowerBIChallenge14.

From
Wan Teck (Newbie)

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

Here is my entry for Challenge 14

The main purpose of this report was to keep it as simple as possible, from the perspective of an executive that must take a decision fast and is not quite interested of seeing a bunch of information on the same page.
So I created a Start Page where is possible to choose one of the categories (Patient | Ambulance | Hospitals and Employee)
Each page has what I believe are the main KPI. (Needless to say that there are endless possibilities but those numbers were my choice😊 )
For Patients and Employees Analysis I created a Drill through to a landing Report page where the “Manager” can see more information about the Patient, Ambulance Performance, Protocol name and Duration of the task from call to end.
In the Patient/Employee Report Page I used a great feature available in Power BI, the “Value” when using the text. I love it!
The Report can of course be printed or saved as pdf.

Also, for making it easier for the “manager”, I created some custom tooltips

Well, this is my first entry and clearly a lot to learn. However, I am PROUD to be a member of EDNA.
Cheers
Sorin

7 Likes

All,

While it’s always great to see the Challenge regulars back for another round, I am especially thrilled to see the large number of first time entrants and non-member submissions.

This was not a simple dataset, nor an easy challenge but the quality and creativity of the submissions across-the-board is absolutely outstanding.

Kudos to everyone who submitted an entry! :clap: :clap:

• Brian
3 Likes

Great model/

1 Like

Thanks Steven!

Hi everybody,

Congratulations to everyone for creating such great reports.
well done eDNA community :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I am sorry that I miss the deadline, but I had busy weeks, and I just could finish up my report.
Here is my submission for this challenge.

This page is going to give the reader a brief overview of all aspects of the report:

This page tells more details about the staff and how they candled calls:

This page is planed to give detailed information about patients using the drill-through option.

And finally, here is the data model:

This is also the Power BI file:
eDNA Challenge #14.pbix (4.7 MB)

I will add the description as soon as I can,
Any feedback is appreciated,
Regards
Hossein

10 Likes

Very good data governance, well done!

3 Likes

I like this submission very much, especially since it’s your first.

1. The colors are pleasant and complementary.
  2. I’m impressed by the use of several types of visuals on the same page, especially the Heat Maps.
  3. I like the Performance vs. Target donut charts.
  4. In general, each page is well-organized and neat.

John Giles

6 Likes