Power BI Challenge 11 - Covid 19 Reporting from Ankit (Newcomer)

Here’s Ankit’s entry for Power BI Challenge 11. @kkrj.ankit , would you like to share how you built this dashboard and what your inspiration is in building it?

Here’s the link to the report:

And here’s how Ankit described it:

My report is the analysis of Covid-19 data provided by John Hopkins University, data ranges from 1st January, 2020 to 11th January, 2021.

The data analysis for all the countries and includes Confirmed, Recovered and Death cases.
I’ve kept the analysis quite simple and straight forward by showing count of cases for Confirmed, Recovered and Deaths. I’ve showcased the Recovered and Death percentage to give a glimpse about the total Recovery and Death rate for the world.

The report shows top10 Countries with Confirmed, Death and Recovered cases and also shows the distribution of all those cases as per Continent and Countries in Decomposition tree visual.

Report also allows user to view the data as per their requirement by slicing the data with the given filters.

To learn about the real-life scenario presented for the challenge, be sure to click on the image below.

power-bi-chal-1

This post is part of the Enterprise DNA platform improvements. Through these posts, members and non-members can showcase the resources and inspirations on how they come up with their challenge submissions. We hope all members can utilize it efficiently.

Great submission to the challenge. I like how you have thought outside the box here and used some new and interesting visualisations.

Also really like the background and how you’ve blended that in with the grids that you have used inside your report.

I think the navigation experience is really well implemented here and it’s so easy to do a deep dive into the information that you want to discover.

The only really small thing I can see that would improve this is just making sure that you use the consistent colour theme across every element inside your report page. that in doughnut chart but also the card visualisations that you’ve used.

Super work on this

Sam