My Data is auto growing

Hi all.

I’m having a big problem trying to figure out what has gone wrong with my data in Challenge 22. I started well without any issues but all of a sudden everything I’m doing in Power query has become too slow that I might not be able to continue. It now takes several hours to perform a simple task. It appears the data has auto-grown on its own. Below is what I’m seeing in trying to load the data.

The data has grown to Gigabytes whilst performing simple transformations. Please I need help to figure out what has gone wrong.

1 Like

@eobiki10

Try this, convert the dataset to a CSV file - loaded instead of the Excel file and you will see that thing flying. CSV files performs a lot better than Excel files, considering the amount of references to the main file to obtain the dimissesions table.

Best way to obtain all the dataset in CSV files is using DAX studio or SQLBI external tool Bravo

Let me know if you manage it, if not I send the csv files to you my self. Believe me a this very moment, better to sort this issue out rather than keep working on it.

I hope this helps.

Federico.

Hi @eobiki10, did the response provided by @FPastor help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.