Measure on X-Axis

Hi Guys,

From looking online it looks like you cannot put a measure on the x-axis of a chart. This kinda makes sense, however it would be good in some circumstances.

Can anyone help out with an idea for the following scenario. I’m showing measures on a chart.

If the year is selected is a slicer, i want to show the Months on the X-Axis, if a month is selected in a slicer then show Day on the X-Axis.

I can to the logic for a measure using ISFILTERED(‘Date’[Month]).

The backup solution is to live with it and use drill down, but i’m trying to have the charts more dynamic.

Thanks
2019-01-08%2011_37_34-SST%20Portal%20v8%20-%20Power%20BI%20Desktop

I’m just not sure there’s an easy solution here. This is a common request I’ve seen a few times now.

This was a recent one I replied to

There is a solution contain within this one. It does make it possible to complete something like this but it’s quite complicated I have to say.

My personal recommendation (and how I always do it) is to not have the month slicer at all on the page. Make the user select within the month and year chart to select the month/s. Then have another chart that shows the results by day that get filtered with any selection. I personally feel this always looks great.

Chrs
Sam