Iteration over a dax measure

Hello guys, I hope you are doing well. I would like to know if you could recommend me some content that allows me to make dax measures with which I can iterate. But I haven’t really been able to, this is something so simple in Excel that I’ve literally been at it for 5 days and I haven’t been able to figure it out.

This article is the closest I have found but it is at the calculated column level.

The calculation that I need is the following →

The first value begins with 100
imagen

The second value depends of the result of previous value
imagen

This is the excel file if you want to evaluate.
iteration.xlsx (9.8 KB)

The idea is to use this calculation in a table visual.

I really appreciate your help :cry:

Answer:

Hi @brandon17parra,

Welcome back. It’s more of a recursive problem, but give it a go.

Solution Melissa = 
VAR Base = 100
VAR vTable =
    ADDCOLUMNS( 'Sample',
        "@Value", PRODUCTX( 
            FILTER( ALL('Sample'),
                'Sample'[Date] <= EARLIER( 'Sample'[Date] )
            ),  1+ 'Sample'[%]
        )* Base
    )
RETURN

SUMX( vTable, [@Value] )

There is a slight rounding difference, but I’m sure you understand the general idea.

I hope this is helpful

@Melissa thanks for sharing a possible solution. I have obtained a similar solution using a visual calculation.

The rounding is pretty important for the solution.

Somehow the rounding problem accumulates and affects the final value. Is there any way to solve this without affecting the rounding?

Why rounding problem occurs here?

HI @brandon17parra,

I’m sure, however the cause had a different origin and was even easier to fix. When I copied your sample from Excel into Power BI, your PCT was shown with only two digits. Once I made all digits visible before copying, the results matched your expected outcome.
You should not have experienced this with your own data, therefore my suggestion is to double check if you have all digits there…

I hope this is helpful