Innovation Revenue

Hi. I’m new to Enterprise DNA, and I’m excited to see if anyone if it is even possible to calculate something I’ve wanted to figure out for a while now.

I’d like to segment my sales so that it shows like in the hierarchy below:

Capture

It would be incredibly insightful to see how much revenue my technical team is creating through new products, how much revenue my product managers are created through new combinations. It would even help us to customers margins to OH expenses, so that we can adjust margins accordingly.

Is it possible to do this?

Hi Wesley,

Welcome.

I have a few links for you where these are covered. Before I add them though I will advise that these are some of the more complex calculations and logic to use within Power BI so you have to at least have a solid understanding of how DAX and the data model works first before really diving into this analysis in detail.

In any case, there’s no harm in seeing how it’s done and then backwards integrating into what you may need to know.

I recently ran a member only session which covered a look of the techniques in detail. See below. Within the resource made available there’s many formulas to review also.

Also see here for other videos around this

Also here is a forum post around these topics that you might find interesting. We worked through quite a look in this one.

See how you go with these. Any questions come back

Hi Sam! Thank you for your reply.

These videos are very helpful. However, I’m wanting to take it a step further and see what’s driving my churn through product purchases.

I’ll watch the videos a few more times to make certain I understand the DAX calculations and have another go at it. I’ll let you know the answer if I can figure it out :slight_smile:

Ok cool.

Yes it’s no super easy what you are attempting to do, but you can do it if you understand the concepts covered in these tutorials.

If you can truly understand how these formulas work and how they operate in certain context you might be able to get it, or get close even and then we can work on refining the formulas.

Chrs