How to copy query steps from a table to Transform File

Hello-
I created a folder for monthly excel reports.
I open PBI / Home/Get Data/More/File/Folder.
Everything works well.
Now I have to copy my query steps from existing table to transform sample data ( or fx Transform file).
I copied from Advanced Editor all steps and past them to Transfor Sample file.
It doesn’t work.
Can you please help?
Thank you!
1_Bank.xlsx (278.1 KB)
2-DD-JE-3RDP.pbix (2.8 MB)
Journal_Template.xlsx (77.9 KB)
Store_List.xlsx (18.7 KB)
2_DD_Reports -2021-07_10.xlsx (8.7 MB)
2_DD_Reports.xlsx (12.7 MB)

Can you please elaborate more on this… “It doesn’t work.” is not much information to go on…
What is the actual problem you’re experiencing?

1 Like

Hello @npower, it’s been a while since we got an response from you. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Thank you , Melissa!
*“It doesn’t work" meant : ) …
I can append Sample table/file to a new file in the folder, but it doesn’t go opposit way.
I already had a setup for old/sample file with other queries that is why it’s important for me to append new files to the sample/old excel file/table.
Let me know if it’s easier to understand:) Thank you!

Hi @npower,

:thinking: Think I’m catching on… What’s the difference between the “old” and “new” table/file?
And how is that reflected in your supplied sample files?

BTW if you can distinguish the “old” and “new” files in the folder, you could set up 2 separate import From Folder queries and append both results…

Thank you, @Melissa!
2-DD_Report is a sample and old file
2_DD_Reports-2021-07-10 - is a new file, which I’m trying to append to 2-DD_Report.

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @npower,

Been really busy, if your inquery remains open I’ll have a look this weekend.
I apologize for the delay.

All the best.

Hi @npower,

Here’s your sample. Just change the FolderLocation Parameter (you can select yours from the list) and all queries should restore.

I’ve rebuilt your DDtransaction_Report query and apended the two files from folder. There where issues with a column mismatch and datatype mismatch which both have been resolved.

Here’s your sample file:
2_DD Sample.pbix (58.7 KB)

I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to @npower’s inquiry @Melissa. :slight_smile:

We’ve noticed that no response has been received from you @npower since a few days ago. In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days from you, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread.