How to combine different PBIX file in one app

Hello Team,

I have 3 Separate PBIX files but I need this to be combined in single report with 3 separate pages in online service when I publish the same to stakeholders.

Is there a link or video where it guides me on how to achieve this through app or any other workaround and also I need to add page navigation in homepage using icons to navigate for these 3 pages.

Thanks,
Dharmendar S

Hi @Dharma. AFAIK, no, you’ll need to recreate the desired pages. I’d take a copy of one of the PBIX files (hopefully all 3 use the same data/data model), create 2 new pages, then copy all visuals from the second PBIX and paste into the first new page, then copy all visuals from the third PBIX and paste into the second new page. Finally, you could add a homepage for navigation.

If the 3 files use different data/data models, then I think you’re out of luck (happy to be proved wrong by others, though).

Hope it helps.
Greg

Am I misunderstanding what is being asked here? Seems simple to me - If the PBIX files are published to the same Workspace and that workspace is published to an app. The permissions can be set when publishing the app. All 3 will show up in the same app. But as @Greg has indicated if you are using the same dataset it would be better to combine the reports into one PBIX. @Dharma I would even take it one step further and decouple the dataset in the PBIX from the Reports. Did I miss something in what @Dharma was asking? Note you will want to have an enterprise workspace unless everyone that will be consuming the reports has Power BI Pro license. Here is a link - Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Oops … missed the ask about an app. Yes, an app would be easiest if all consumers have a Pro or Premium license … if sharing PBIX files directly, then recreation is an option.
Greg

Hi @Dharma,

We see that you have not responded to the post after your initial posting. Have you found the solution to your problem? If so, kindly mark this post as solved.

Thanks

Thanks to all contributors on this post.

Hi @Dharma, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have any concern related to this topic, you can create a new thread.