I was trying to solve an issue in PowerBI, which I thought, should be an easy task. Unfortunately it isn´t - at least - not for me. After trying several approaches without any noticeable progress, I wanted to ask for your support, before it drives me crazy
Here is the scenario:
- We have several Cost Centers in different locations.
- Each Cost Center has a Cost Center Lead and some Users
- Each employee (Lead and Users) have a defined Start and End Date
- Employees can change Cost Centers and/or become Cost Center Leads
- Cost Center Leads can change Cost Centers as well
Now we simply wanted to know, how many employees we had at a certain time in each Cost Center, and which employee was the lead at that time.
This should be charted as number of employees, by Cost Center and Lead over time.
Please find a simple dataset in the attached file.
Thanks in advance for your support and looking forward to hearing from you, how this problem can be solved.
FrankEmployeeHeadcount.xlsx (11.5 KB)