Gateway Refresh Error

Hi ,
I am getting the below error while refreshing an Oracle datasource through gateway.
Occasionally it succeeds as well. The refresh from power bi desktop doesn’t have any issues at all. Can anyone help?

{“error”:{“code”:“DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError”,“pbi.error”:{“code”:“DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError”,“parameters”:{},“details”:[{“code”:“DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:"-2147467259"}},{“code”:“DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:“Oracle: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred”}},{“code”:“DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:"-2147467259"}},{“code”:“Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:“Oracle”}},{“code”:“Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:"(description=(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=10.67.115.15)(port=1621))(connect_data=(service_name=emrdp)))"}},{“code”:“Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:"-2147467259"}},{“code”:“Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:“ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred”}},{“code”:“Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason”,“detail”:{“type”:1,“value”:“DataSource.Error”}}],“exceptionCulprit”:1}}} Table: VW Sales Orders Detail

Hello @Anu,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

I’m providing a link of an article of Microsoft Documentation where they’ve listed several scenarios to troubleshoot refresh errors and also providing a link of a video where Adam has explained 4 types of scenarios to troubleshoot the error which applies to the Oracle also.

Hoping you find this useful and helps you in solving this problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

{“type”:1,“value”:“Oracle: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred”}}

Particularly for this error any idea what the issue is?

Hello @Anu,

For this type of error Error ORA-12170: “ TNS: Connect Timeout Occurred”. I’m providing few links below.

Hoping this helps you to solve your problem.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

ORA-12170: TNS: Connect timeout occurred tips

Will I get any detailed log from the PBI Service

Hello @Anu,

I’m providing a link below from Microsoft Power BI Community where one of the user had put up a similar query. And also providing the blog posts of Microsoft Power BI and few other links.

Hoping this links helps you to find what you’re looking for.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Harsh

[Log Files and Tracing]
(https://dbakevlar.com/2018/07/power-bi-101-log-files-and-tracing/)

Hi @Anu, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!