Latest Enterprise DNA Initiatives

Error with Refreshing after Upgrading Power BI Report Server to the October 2020 version

I used the insurance template from Entreprise DNA as well as bespoke reports created in the optimised October 2020 version of Power BI Desktop to test a new installation of Power BI.The report within Power BI Desktop refreshed OK. When it was uploaded to a development version of the Report Server (using the most up to date patched version of Power BI October 2020 server) I was getting errors that were not true i.e. 1056505865: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManageRoot, No credentials were found for the datasource or [0] 0: There is no data in the database for @CatalogItemId=9b71fbda-26c9-4032-b172-703057e33943;@ContentType=DataModel. I am wondering whether anyone else is getting the same error and whether anything can be done about it?

Hi @ClaireBBa, a similar topic was covered in this forum thread link. Check this one out and see if it answers any of your question Power BI Report Server - October 2020 version with bugs

I am using version 1.9.7627.11028 (which has already had two patches) which was released on the 18th November 2020. Unfortunately, I have developed one report as an evaluation and someone has said they like it. I can keep refreshing the report manually or give then a copy of Power BI Desktop, but it would be nice to know how to get this fixed (if possible).

May I ask you the reason why you use Power BI report server?
I have been using a combination of Power BI Desktop and Power BI server(app.powerbi.com) and this works like a charm.
My advice would be to only use Power BI report server if the company you work for wants to have his data on premises, no matter what.

Hi @ClaireBBa , did the response/training content provided by @Rens help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark the thread as solved. Thanks!

Hi @ClaireBBa , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 14th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

The company I work for wants to use the on-premise version.

I need to know how to get this situation fixed as do not want to manually refresh each report.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the Power BI Report Server. I can only encourage to use the Power BI app, instead of Report server.

Hi @ClaireBBa. It’s as little unclear to me (perhaps I read too fast), but was your report working on a previous version of Power BI Report Server? If so, then as the report hasn’t changed and the datasource hasn’t changed, then my guess from your error description is that the credentials of the account (or impersonation account) that are being supplied by the Report Server to the datasource aren’t valid. I have many clients who are using Power BI Report Server without issue.
Greg

Hi @ClaireBBa , we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 19th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

Hi @ClaireBBa , a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!