Power BI Report Server - October 2020 version with bugs

My organization downloaded the October 2020 Report Server upgrade yesterday. We are having many bugs with this upgrade. The data sources won’t refresh. The error message: COM error; System.Core, Sequence Contains no elements.

Any one else have this issue? Have a fix? We might revert back to May 2020 Report Server because of this issue.
Thanks

@LisaKBI1129 I would always suggest to be at least 1/2 versions behind the current version, latest version generally comes with bugs when they make some significant improvements (diagram view UI improvements in this release), for example since July/Calculation Group update the DAX editor occasionally freezes when you are trying to zoom in or out and the cursor is directly over the DAX intellisense, and they haven’t been able to fix it so far. I tried the version that came out 2 days ago and it seems like it is a bit slow and definitely feels like a bloatware.

I haven’t used the October version of the report server, if the new version doesn’t bring any significant value for you then you should roll back.

I’ve had this problem at work as well - the Power BI who’s a bit of a pro-user looked into it and he said:

Hi Team,

I need to communicate a few things regarding Power BI.

Situation

There is an important error in the October 2020 release of the product. Microsoft implemented new features that have triggered several issues between reports and the server. You can find more information in this link.

Impact

This will damage the report’s automatic refresh functionality in our server.

I’ve been reading about the cause of this, and running some testings with the server and the files I’ve discovered that were affected, I was able to restore some ETL files, and I need to work more in Cash Flow report.

My recommendation if you are using Power BI and want to publish in the server:

Actions to be taken

Do not install Power BI Desktop RS October 2020 release, use any previous version.

If you have Power BI Desktop RS October 2020 version installed in your computer, go to options and disable Enhanced Dataset Metadata feature. (is under options, preview features)

If you have saved any file already using Power BI Desktop RS October 2020 version, with the Enhanced Dataset Metadata feature enabled, you might need to redo a new file, if you are planning to refresh it in the server.

Maybe that will help?