Data Visualization Workout 007 - Revenue analysis - various functionalities

hi,

Sorry but could someone help me with this formatting please.

thank you

Rémi

Hi @Remi10

The formula works fine, but it has to be applied for given measure (now it’s applied to “all”). Please see the screen below:

Hope it’ll help.
Best regards!

1 Like

thank you very much for your help

1 Like

No problem Remi : )

One last question please I also want this blue but i can’t get it.
Would you know why?

Thank you in advance

Remi

007 Workout - Remi Martinato.pbix (346.6 KB)
Capture 1
Capture 2

Here you go:

Error bars:

1 Like

very good, thanks again

VIZ Workout 007-min

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-08-17 152415
In this, you have MIN , MAX and Last data label with marker in a blue dark color. Can you please tell me how to make this?

Hi @powerunit,

Is this related to Workout 007?, If not you need to create a new topic

thanks
keith

Yes It is related to Workout 007

@powerunit,

There’s a couple of ways to go about that. I used a measure to conditionally color dots based on whether they represented the min, max, or last value then used that measure in the conditional color fx. There’s a trick to it, though, because conditional color fx is unavailable for area chart.

Start with a clustered column chart and set your color fx in that visualization then switch the visual type to an area chart. Conditional colors persist.

I used a measure that conditionally assigns colors when displaying a clustered column chart:

SWITCH(
    TRUE()
    , __max = __curRev, "#7AA6C2"
    , __min = __curRev, "#346888"
    , __last = __curRevDate , "#203457"
    , "#F2F5F8" 
    )

Then switched to an area chart:

You’ll see that there’s no option to conditionally format the marks. Still, the conditional coloring that was set in the cluster bar chart persists.

2 Likes

@HufferD Totaly understood Thanks for sharing your IDEA.
I will definatly tried this technique

Hi everyone, here’s my submission.

This challenge was tough, but I learned a lot. Chandeep’s video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFcCbXn_g0&t=1113s) helped me tackle the TopN and Others table, though I’m still working on getting the totals right. Will update soon.

EDNA Workout 7.pbix (228.8 KB)

Thanks, Gustaw!

1 Like