Data Visualization Workout 001 - Ratings

Hi @jamie.bryan

This is amazing entry. It very closely mimic the origin visualization.
It was really cool to see your work / report!

Thank you for participation!

1 Like

Hi @powerunit

Awesome work! You paid attention to many things (as applying the same color for top card with number of review, bar chart and data bars for review metric).

We could perhaps consider to test turning off the reverse-row color backgrounds within the tables (both in the table with %GT and the bottom one). It could possibily reduce the noise a bit.

Great entry!! Thank you for participation!

2 Likes

Hi @PankajNamekar

Awesome entry!
I like many things here, like added 0-baseline and maximum (end) line in a bar chart.
You’ve made a really clean set of visualizations!

Great job and thank you for participation!

2 Likes

Thank you s much for your kind words.
@Gustaw
You are my inspiration for creating next level visualization.:relaxed:

2 Likes

Hi @jsodhi

A piece of cool work here!
I like the minor change in a subtitle formula which gives the amount of hotels selected (great variation of origin proposition)! All other elements are great too! We could consider to turn off the reverse-row color backgrounds in the matrix and perhaps to lighten the “remaining part” in a bar chart but these are obviously very minor things!

Amazing work! Thank you for participation

1 Like

Hi @Greg

I really like how you approached this workout.
I presents a very simple/clean style (in absolutely positive way)!
As most report elements are greyish, the main data standout even more that way.

Amazing work!
Thank you for your participation!

1 Like

Hi @AlexandreAndrade

It looks like a mirror comparing to the origin version!
Phenomenal work. I really like how much attention you paid to the details! Awesome!

Thank you for participation!

2 Likes

Hi @rhix

Awesome work!
Many small elements reliably applied as in the origin version (grey background in databars, grey-out %GT header etc). I like how you separate the upper title / subtitle / KPI section with a grey line which goes from left to the right.

Amazing entry!

Thank you for participation

1 Like

Hi @Remi10

Great work! I like many details you applied in your data vis entry, such as tiny white lines between consequtive rows in the matrix table, greyish particular elements). It’s also very nicely done whet it comes to the overall layout design (shadows, upper workout header, etc)!

Phenomenal effort! Thank you for participation!

2 Likes

Hi @Ondrej

Great entry! You used corresponding color in a bar chart and in a matrix table (data bars), with distinguished color for avg. rating score). I really like that, amongst a few other niuances like greyout bars (in the top bar chart). Great work!

Thank you for your participation!

2 Likes

Hi @sedhosen

Awesome make-over! I really like how you utilize the dark-theme color pattern!|
Besides, it’s obviously noticeable that you paid attention to many details (background for avg rating score data bars etc). It’s also great to see the added date-slicer! Really nice addition in the analysis.

Great work! Thank you for your participation!

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. @Gustaw
I will work on that thing you mention

2 Likes

can someone give me a tip and explain how I hide the rating column?

1 Like

@KimC - in mine, I went to the Selection pain and made sure that the rating table was below the left visual. So layering will hide things for you.

2 Likes

Edit the length/width of that column. Like this:
Leght table

3 Likes

thanx a lot sir

2 Likes

Success…thank you so much. So simple when you know and a great trick

3 Likes

You’re welcome

2 Likes

@Gustaw thanks for a great workout.

Here is my solution

Visualization Challenge #1 Ratings.pbix (96.7 KB)

2 Likes

Hello @KimC

Thank you for participation in the workout!
This is amazing entry. I’m happy to see how you solve the challenge with upper table (%GT).
I see a lot of small details included, such as grey lines in the bottom table, shortened names of hotels in a slicer, applied subtitle with divider. I really like how you replicate the origin version.

Congrats!

2 Likes