Custom Conditional Filtering

Good Day,

I require assistance with developing a custom conditional filter.

Say, I have 2 filters:

Filter 1 - Customer
Filter 2 - Product

I need to develop a conditional filter that is able to select multiple customers, with a maximum of 1 product per customer.

I.e., say I have 3 customers and 10 products per customer. This means I can only ever select 1 product at a time per customer.

Also would it be possible, say if I select a product for a customer, and then now go and select another product for the same customer, can the previous selection be automatically removed, and only accept the most recent selection?

Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @Akshay_05,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

The example that you’ve portrayed as mentioned in the above post - "*I need to develop a conditional filter that is able to select multiple customers, with a maximum of 1 product per customer.

I.e., say I have 3 customers and 10 products per customer. This means I can only ever select 1 product at a time per customer."

You can simply do this by applying settings under the “Formatting” of the individual slicers. That is, you want to select multiple Customer Names but only one Product Name at a given time. So select the “Customer Slicer” and under the formatting tab go to the selection controls option and then disable the “Multi-select with CTRL” option below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Custom Conditional Filtering - 1

It’ll be “Enabled” by default, just click on it to disable that option.

Now, once you do this for “Customer Slicer” you’ll be able to select multiple Customers at a given time but only single Product will be selected from the “Products Slicer” because this option is not exercised for the Products slicer. Below is the screenshot provided for the reference where multiple Customers are selected but only single Product is selected for all those selected Customer Names-

Also would it be possible, say if I select a product for a customer, and then now go and select another product for the same customer, can the previous selection be automatically removed, and only accept the most recent selection? - Yes this is absolutely possible. Refer the screenshot provided below where when I select the new Product name and the previously selected Product name will automatically gets discarded -

I’m also attaching the PBIX file of the working for the reference.

Hoping you find this useful and meets your requirements that you’re looking for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Custom Conditional Formatting.pbix (662.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Akshay_05, thanks for posting your query in the Forum. If there is any feedback you would like to share so we can improve the community here, please feel free to answer our Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey. Thanks!

Hi @Harsh ,

thank you so much for the help!

I am aware of this functionality, however, I think I was not very clear in my previous response,

Say I select Customer 1 - who has products (1 to 10) that I can choose from, and
Say I select Customer 2 - who has products (11 to 20) that I can choose from

Note that the customers is in one filter and products fall under a separate filter.

So my question is: Can I select customer 1 and 2, and select say product 4 (only applicable to customer 1) and product 16 (only available to customer 2) at the same time.

Then, say I actually now want to go and select product 14 (applicable to customer 2) - it should unselect the previous selection (product 16), because only one product can be selected per customer.

I really hope I am clear now…

Thanks for the assistance

@Akshay_05

That is not possible here. Either you can select multiple products or single product for Customers
Here you want multiple product selection but single product for each customer.

Each customer single product is not possible in slicer selection.

You selected Product 4 for Customer 1 and Product 16 for Customer 2
When you select Product 14 for Customer 2, three products are selected but you want to deselect Product 16 automatically, which is not possible.

I think Conditional deselect is not possible.

Hope this clarifies.

2 Likes

Hi @Rajesh

Thanks for the assistance

Hi @Akshay_05, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!"