Creating Dynamic Slicer

Hi,

I want to build a slicer that can filter months for me in any years.
What I want to do is, I want to create a button or slicer with one click it can filter for me the months.

Example:
This month - Aug 2021
So with one button on the slicer will filter for me Jan - Aug month only. So that I can see all the Jan - Aug sales in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 … etc

Next month - Sep 2021
So the slicer will filter for me Jan - Sep month only. I can see the all the sales from Jan - Sep in 2021, 2020, 2019, … etc.

Do we have any kind of way to do that?

@Amirul ,

Yes, this is what we refer to as a period slicer. Here’s a video from @JarrettM on how to set that up.

Also, this is a technique that Jarrett uses in many of his Data Challenge entries. If you look in the Data Challenge Showcase, and look for his reports, you will find a number of his PBIX files you can download and see exactly how he set that up.

I hope this is helpful.

– Brian

That is awesome, Thank you very much
however can you guide me on how i can find Jarrett`s Data Challenge Showcase?

@Amirul - you can find them in the Data Challenge Showcase section of the portal, but in scanning through them tonight, I wasn’t able to find one where he actually used it in the same way you are looking for.

I think these might be more relevant for you. In the first one in particular, @JarrettM incorporates a great version of the period slicer that demonstrates a wide range of custom date period options.

I think this should give you what you need to fully implement this in your report, but if you have any problems, give me or Jarrett a shout.

• Brian

Hi @Amirul, did the response provided by @BrianJ help you solve your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. Kindly take time to answer the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, we hope you’ll give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @Amirul, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since Sep 15. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved.

Hi @Amirul, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please create a new thread.