Creating Custom Matrix Chart

Uploading: Matrix Chart Data.xlsx…

Hi Forum

I would like to recreate a matrix chart that by default it shows a maximum of 2 weeks (being today’s week and last week) distinct count of orders from customers by date for each sales Rep . However when a date is selected from the filter I would like the matrix chart to show the complete week of selected date and the complete Previous week.

Hi @ngrunoz,

You can use a disconnected date table for this type of requirement. Here are some topics that deal with that and you can use the Search option to look for more related content.

If you require further assistance, provide a sample PBIX with some dummy data.
I hope this is helpful

Hi @ngrunoz, did the response provided by @Melissa help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @Melissa

I have tried to go through the material I am failing to grasp the concepts. I think even the set up of my data model is not correct as I failed to Show the The Regional Hierarchy on the Matrix Chart.

I have attached the PBIX here with.
Matrix Chart.pbix (405.0 KB)

Thank you Team for the follow-up. I have not managed to work the solution as yet. The Material from @Melissa was very helpful but I haven’t fully grasped the concepts.

Hi @ngrunoz, can we follow up on the status of your query? Can we close this thread when assistance is no longer required? Thanks

Hi @ngrunoz,

Appologies for not getting back to you sooner and thanks for supplying a sample :+1:
I’ve replaced your Dates table with the Extended Date table, you can find here. And added that twice to your model, 1 connected and 1 disconnected.

Created a ShowDates measure:

ShowDates =
VAR WOffset = SELECTEDVALUE( 'Date (disconnected)'[CurrWeekOffset], 0 )
VAR _Dates =
    CALCULATETABLE( VALUES( 'Dates'[Date] ),
        Dates[CurrWeekOffset] IN { WOffset -1, WOffset },
        Dates[IsAfterToday] = FALSE()
    )
VAR _Result =
    IF( SELECTEDVALUE( Dates[Date] ) IN _Dates,
    )
RETURN
_Result

And used that as a visual level filter in the filter pane.

And when no date is selected in the disconnected date slicer, it defaults to the previous week up to ‘today’.

Here’s your sample file.
Matrix Chart.pbix (450.9 KB)

I hope this is helpful

2 Likes

Hi @ngrunoz, did the response provided by @Melissa help in solving your query? If not, how far did you get and what kind of help you need further? If yes, kindly mark as solution the answer that solved your query.

Hi @ngrunoz, due to inactivity, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box.