Connection to data permission

Hello,
I have published a power bi report builder report into the workspace
In th eworkspace, I have given a user read access.
Then I shared the report so that the user received an email with th elink to the report.
The user receives the error as follows:
Could not connect to the data source.
Data for this report could not be fetched. The data source was found, but the credentials or identity used to connect to the data source were incorrect. Please update the credentials for this report before trying again.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Hi @arkiboys. I’d guess the paginated report was created using data access credentials to which the second user does not have permissions to use. If you’re using Report Server the administrator should be able to change the credentials for the published report. Otherwise you may need to re-edit the base report and change the data access credentials to a more general set, then republish. Good luck. Greg

Hi @arkiboys, a response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Also, we’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!