Conditional Drill through with measure

Hi

Please I have two questions

1. I am trying to create a conditional drill through with measure.

I created a button to assist with this and I I have created a dax script to check if a column is chosen and direct to a certain page, but I am also trying to add check to see if a specific measure on the stack bar (made up of measure) then a specific page should be chosen.

My dax script

Drill Navigation =

SWITCH(
TRUE,
HASONEFILTER(Sales[Vehicle]),“page1dt”,
HASONEFILTER(‘Sales’[Colour]),“page2dt”,

“”
)

Visual below

1. Also I have a matrix table and when I try to drill through with the measure I direct it to a specific page that I have added the measure as a filter and it still returns all rows.
    Based on this question below (the month context is missing), but I could not figure mine out
    Drill through filter based on a measure

I have attached my sample file . I will appreciate your help
Thank you
Drill Through test.pbix (101.4 KB)

Hi akeko,

I also have had issues at times using Drill Through. But according to how it is to work it mentions that when one of these fields is used in a visual, select a data point to navigate to this page (The Page you want the Drill Through to be on). That will then filter the page to the values you selected in the source visual.

Thanks for the response. I did that but I could not get the result. I want to test the calculation group options, it was mentioned .

Hi @akeko,

For your question about Conditionnal Drill Through
Your measure doesn’t work because the drilltrough is activated only when column Vehicle or column Colour is filtered.
When you click on the blue bar chart, the No of Sales is per Vehicle so your button is activated.
However, the Colour column is never in the graphs so this column will never be filtered.

For your second question, can you please be more specific on your demand ?
I have difficulties to understand what you are trying to achieve.

What is the result you want ? What columns need to be filtered ?

With more information, I will be able to help you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
JBocher

Thanks for the response. The colour condition is for something else, the stacked column uses the vehicle column, example below

Mazdasold = CALCULATE(
[No of sales],Sales[Vehicle] = “Mazda”
)

I would expected it to activate the button. what I have done temporarily is to create a page for each measure for drill and I have placed a filer on the visual to return only the specific type of vehicle. It is not the best so far and I have repeated the same thing for the second question.

Bumping this post for more visibility.

Hi @akeko! We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.

Looks like your inquiry was out of the experts and users’ bounds.

We strive to answer ALL inquiries in the forum. However, if you are sure that you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, you can check out tutorials to learn this yourself as your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!