Challenge 19 "Call Centre Data Reporting" - Wrap up

Hello All,

I trust that you are keeping well!

Challenge 19 didn’t fail to deliver and there were some epic entries!!!, challenge 19 yielded the highest number of entries recorded in any previous Enterprise DNA Challenge.

A total of 55 entries, 200+ report analysis pages and 150+ navigation buttons, bookmarks and tool tips were produced by our particiapants. The variety of native and customs visuals in the reports are a mastery of Data Visualization.

The idea sharing, collaboration, encouragement, feedback and willingness to help each other is brilliant to see and truly resonates with what we at Enterprise believe is the best way to learn and develop.

The standard of work from everyone was amazing.

If any of you have any suggestions or feedback we are always keen to hear so please do let us know.

Finally and without any further ado, below our Winners and Runners up

This month’s Winners and Runners up are:

Overall and Platform Member Winner

:1st_place_medal: Abu Bakar N. Alvi :1st_place_medal:
:trophy:Challenge Winner badge

:bar_chart: Display of Report into the EDNA Showcases

Non-Member Winner
:1st_place_medal: Bernat Duran :1st_place_medal:
:trophy:Winner of a free subscription to Enterprise DNA learning Platform

Newcomer Winner

:1st_place_medal: Jose Antonio Fernandez Puga :1st_place_medal:
:trophy:*Tech Smith - Snagit 2022

Out of the Box Thinker Winner

:1st_place_medal: Bernat Duran :1st_place_medal:

Creative Head Winner

:1st_place_medal: Travis John Villanueva :1st_place_medal:

We would also like to congratulate our runners up.

Platform Member Runner up

:1st_place_medal: Japjeet Sodhi :1st_place_medal:

:trophy:A copy of Greg Deckler - “learn Power BI 2nd Edition”

Non-Member Runner up
:1st_place_medal: Francis Folaranmi :1st_place_medal:

Newcomer Runner up

:1st_place_medal: Maja Spanic :1st_place_medal:

:trophy:A copy of Greg Deckler - “learn Power BI 2nd Edition”

It has been amazing to see the Enterprise DNA data platform family and challenges group members come together and learn on this month’s challenge and create stunning and creative reports!

Thank you to our judges panel Sam McKay, Alex Badiu and Brian Julius for providing their expertise and time. Thank you to the Enterprise DNA Expert group for their input and feedbacks to the participants in the Enterprise DNA forum.

Check the recording of the judging panel

Finally, a big thank you to the Enterprise DNA Challenges Group “Community Lead Team” for their help and support during challenge 19, Solar Zhu, Kiruba Selvi, Shanmathee S and Kim Cook.

:man_construction_worker:t3::construction_worker_woman:t3: The Challenges Team is working hard to bring you Challenge 20. Challenge 20 will be launched after the Enterprise DNA analytics summit, please register below.

:rotating_light::rotating_light: This is not all, register for the Enterprise DNA Summit and participate in the exclusive one-week challenge starting on 20th May 2022 and closes on 27th May 2022 “A Blast from the Past – The remake of Challenge 7” :dart::dart: All information in the summit registration page :+1:t3::+1:t3: Further information to follow :warning::warning:

Once more CONGRATULATIONS to our Winners and Runners up.

Federico Pastor
Head of Data Challenges
Enterprise DNA

https://www.enterprisedna.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Challenge-19-Winners.mp4

8 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners and job well done!!! Thank you to everyone who participated, amazing to see all your submissions! And to @FPastor for pouring his time and effort in making the eDNA challenge bigger than what it was.

Congratulations to our Overall winner - Abu Bakar Alvi @Alvi

To the newcomer and non-member winners - Jose Antonio Fernandez Puga @jafernandezpuga and Bernat Duran @BernatDuran

Special Category Winners - Bernat Duran @BernatDuran and Travis John Villanueva

And for all the runner-ups: Japjeet Sodhi @jps Francis Folaranmi and Maja Spanic @mspanic

To those who want to learn how these reports were created, all entries will soon be available in the Power BI Challenge Showcases.

Power BI Challenge Showcases | Enterprise DNA

5 Likes

Hi everyone

Thank you to the judges @sam.mckay @FPastor @alexbadiu and @BrianJ for considering my entry as one of the finalists and picking it as the overall winner. Many congrats to all winners and all those who participated.

I am humbled and honored!

Look forward to more challenges and continue to learn from this vibrant community

Regards
Abu Bakar Alvi

7 Likes

Wow, I couldn’t have remotely imagined being selected as a runner-up. I am short of words.

Thank you @sam.mckay, @FPastor, @alexbadiu, @BrianJ and the entire Enterprise DNA Team for bringing such opportuinities.

Congratulations and well done to all winners and participants in the challenge.

4 Likes

@jps

Congratulations and very well done :+1:

I hope to see your entries in other challenges.

Federico

1 Like

All,

This was a post I made on LinkedIn this morning following the announcement of the Challenge 19 winners and runners up. Congratulations to all - not just those recognized, but everyone who participated. I am certain every one of you (definitely myself included) is substantially more skilled at Power BI than we were on the day this challenge started, and that’s a huge win for each of us.

ᴀꜱ ᴡᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴄᴇʟᴇʙʀᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴɴᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴇɴᴛᴇʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ ᴅɴᴀ ᴅᴀᴛᴀ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ #19 ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴏᴄᴜꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅᴇꜰɪɴɪᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀʙɪ ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ ᴀꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴀʙᴜ ʙᴀᴋᴀʀ ᴀʟᴠɪ’ꜱ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ ᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴇɴᴛʀʏ…

The Enterprise DNA Data Challenges are difficult. They are meant to be. They mimic as closely as possible real-world data, issues and situations, and producing a very high-quality Power BI report in the real world is tough. I have participated in 15 of the 19 eDNA challenges and not once did I ever think “well, that was easier than I thought it would be”.

This is why I have huge respect for everyone who puts themself out publicly in a data challenge, and want to give a particular shoutout to the many first-time entrants we had for this challenge.

Almost to a person, everyone who particpates in data challenges will tell you that this is the absolute best and fastest way to improve your Power BI skills, and that it’s also a lot of fun. So I am always interested in talking with people about why they choose not to participate.

One of the reasons I hear most frequently is that “I could never produce a report on par with those that come out of the eDNA Challenges”. To which I always reply:

a) “who cares? The only person you’re truly competing against is the person you started out as at the beginning of the challenge. If you finish the challenge better than that person, you win”

b) “maybe not at this moment you can’t, but keep at it and you absolutely can”

So by now if you haven’t already, you’ve probably guessed that the report on the left below is Abu Bakar Alvi’s first eDNA Challenge submission, circa August 2020. I’m not saying it’s a bad report - it’s most certainly not, and shows many of the solid fundamentals and attention to detail that led @alexbadiu to declare @Alvi’s current entry as “perfect!”.

But there is also 0% chance that August 2020 Alvi could have produced the report on the right. However, he took the jump, put himself out there, listened intently to the feedback given, studied his entries and those of others, and after 18 months of “sharpening his axe”, took one perfect swing, and with it took down Challenge 19 as the clear winner.

That, my friends, is something very much worth celebrating and absolutely within the grasp of everyone who participates in these fantastic challenges.

Hope to see you in Challenge 20…

3 Likes

@Alvi

My most sincere congratulations. The interest, effort and insights in your report do not deserve any less than a winning title.

Best wishes,

Federico Pastor

2 Likes

It’s an honour to be recognized that way! I would like to show my true appreciation to the entire team of EnterpriseDNA. Thank you!

Congratulations to other winners and participants.

Can’t wait to participate in the next challenge!

Best regards.
Bernat.

1 Like