Automatically updating published report

Hi

Is there a way to “refresh” the report that has been published to pull the new data/changes made in the PowerBI desktop tool?

Kind regards

Stuart

@Stuart,

Absolutely - it’s called “scheduled refresh”. Here’s some documentation as to how to set it up:

I hope that’s helpful. Give a shout if you have any problems.

• Brian

Hi @Stuart. @BrianJ‘s right for data, you can schedule data refresh, but I think you were also asking about design changes in the PBIX itself, in which case I think you need to re-publish (I don’t have personal experience with OneDrive, but think it may be an avenue for design refresh … I’m sure other forum members will be able to provide clarity).
Greg

Hi @Stuart

ONEDRIVE or SharePoint is the best option to sync PBIX changes.

• Place the file in ONEDRIVE or SharePoint and Connect the file from Power BI service.

• If you do any changes in PBIX file, It will automatically Sync every one hour

• Data you can schedule data refresh

With version history, you can see and restore older versions of your files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint.

4 Likes

I hope that you are having a great experience using the Support Forum so far. We’ve recently launched the Enterprise DNA Forum User Experience Survey, please feel free to answer it and give your insights on how we can further improve the Support forum. Thanks!

Hi @Stuart, we’ve noticed that no response has been received from you since the 6th of December. We just want to check if you still need further help with this post? In case there won’t be any activity on it in the next few days, we’ll be tagging this post as Solved. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the checkbox. Thanks!

A response on this post has been tagged as “Solution”. If you have a follow question or concern related to this topic, please remove the Solution tag first by clicking the three dots beside Reply and then untick the check box. Thanks!