YT Enterprise video available at - DNA Membership?

HI DNA,

Quick question,

Is the below youtube video available at DNA platform for memberships?

Thank you,

Matty

@Matty ,

It’s not yet, but will be soon. Every couple of weeks or so, the @EnterpriseDNA team does a sweep of all the YouTube videos and adds them into the appropriate topic areas in the portal. When you see a forum entry that looks like this:

and is marked “Enterprise DNA Online”, that’s exactly what that is - a YouTube video being added to the portal.

• Brian
2 Likes

Thank you @BrianJ :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to once the DNA LMS provider will fix the course completion, as some of my courses are completed 100% but if you would add new material it will be shown as 100% instead of 95% :frowning: .

Matty

@Matty ,

I’m looping in @EnterpriseDNA here. We use a commercial package as the basis for the learning portal - it can customized to some extent, but I don’t know if the business rule for handing completion status when new material is added is configurable or not.

• Brian
1 Like

i asked the same question about new/updated material added to courses about couple of months ago. I hope they will be able to change the business requirements on that too.
thanks
keith

1 Like

@BrianJ Thank you,

Lets hope so @Keith :slight_smile:

At the moment I am struggling to find new courses that were added especially if completion is 100%.

@Matty /@Keith ,

Let me check on this directly with the platform team and I’ll get back to you with what I find out.

– Brian

2 Likes

thanks @BrianJ

@Matty and @Keith ,

FYI – I heard back from the Enterprise DNA Team on this, and they said that in this scenario the 100% complete should reset to a lower percentage when new videos are added. They added a bunch of videos last week, so please let me know if you had courses that were at 100% complete that did or should have reset back to below hundred percent based on the updates.

Thanks – just want to confirm this functionality is working as we think it should.

• Brian
1 Like

Hi @BrianJ ,

Thanks for the update.

Here is one that i found that states 100% but when i went into to if all courses/video have been completed. I haven’t even started the course/video module.

Here is another one. I believe i finished this when this first came out but from the enterprise dna online

that was posted 6 days ago.

When i went to the course it states 100%.

I’m not sure if its just a catch up

Just a secondary question, i don’t see any place on when the each course module was completed

I hope this helps
Thanks again @BrianJ for following up

Keith

@Keith ,

Thanks very much for the detailed examples. Let me take this back to the @EnterpriseDNA team and see if we can get this sorted out. Will get back to you and @Matty hopefully soon on this.

• Brian

P.S. Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

@BrianJ
Not a problem, I’ve learned from the past experience working with the IT area that you have to get as much detail information as you can.

thank you so much. i can’t believe its been a year on the site.

thanks
Keith

1 Like

@Matty and @Keith ,

The @EnterpriseDNA team did some additional research on the 100%/new course added issue and this is what they found:

Not really the answer I was hoping for, but perhaps it provides an opportunity. We are going to explore whether perhaps we can use PBI and Power Automate to recognize the situation where someone has completed a course and a new module gets added to that course, and perhaps automatically send out a notification to users in that situation.

Will keep you posted…

• Brian
4 Likes

Hi @BrianJ,

Thanks for the update.

i was hoping they would be able to handle it. Maybe what you suggestion could be a route. :slight_smile:
thanks again
Keith

1 Like

@BrianJ Thank you!

Would be possible to add additional email for notifications? (instead of changing) .

Thank you,

Matty

1 Like

@Matty ,

@sam.mckay, the Expert team and the Power Users have started regular sessions together where we are working through different Power Platform issues. We maintain a list in Analyst Hub of use cases we want to work through. I actually added the automated email notification for this situation to the list yesterday. We still have some preliminary data pipeline work to do before we can tackle that one in Power Automate, but it’s on our target list.

Will keep you posted.

• Brian
3 Likes

Thank you very much @BrianJ :slight_smile: !

It would be great if the email notification could be sent to an alternative email address :slight_smile:

1 Like