Wrong number format in Matrix visual

Hello everyone
I hope this is the right place to get this answer.
My matrix visualization shows my total values in the wrong format. It doesn’t happen if i choose a table or if i change the format to currency.

Can any of you help me? Is there any custom format to prevent this?
Thanks a lot
Pedro

I cannot recreate your issue - can you provide a sample PBIX that will recreate the issue? Along with the measure you are using - that measure may be part of the issue, because using the numbers you are showing on screen, I cannot get the same result.

Hi thanks for the answer @Heather
Here it goes
Test.pbix (1.1 MB)
The funny thing about this, the 2019 values are corrected formatted and the 2020 are not.
Thanks a lot Heather
Best regards
Pedro

Hello @pedroccamara,

Thank You for posting your query onto the Forum.

Well since we’re not able to access the data into the Power BI it’s little bit difficult. But I noticed something odd in the “Tab Movements (ml)” table under the Date column. Below is the screenshot provided for the reference -

Can you please check whether it’s an error into the data or it’s correct? Because I think the issue could be due to this.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Harsh

Hey @Harsh !!
After i’ve checked and solved, that was not the issue.
Let me tell you what i did: that column is a subtraction between debits and credits. And when you do that, pbi adds this “type number” at the end of the line automatically which is always fine by me. I took out that “type number” and formatted this column as a fixed decimal number, instead of decimal number. It worked. Don’t know why or what’s the difference between them (do you know?), but it’s working.

I believe the problem here is that your values have a LOT of decimals following some of the numbers. Here are the decimal values from the numbers in your Liquid column (created a custom column for this):

Here is a handy guide to the number types in PowerBi:

2 Likes

Thanks @Heather
It’s not solved yet.
1 question: but if you round to 2, both columns b4 you get the liquid value (subtraction) shouldn’t it be solved, even if you round Liquid after ?

if you have not set your measure to a fixed decimal, then all the other decimals are in the number, no matter what you do. That is what I am demonstrating in the screenshot above - those additional numbers are all part of your Liquid number. They just don’t normally show as visible in the table.

I also discovered that if I wrapped your measure in a ROUND formula (rounding to 2), that also fixed the output.

So, basically, it appears that you need to fix the decimals to two, or zero, or whatever you need in order to avoid having the output behave strangely.

1 Like

Hey @Heather
Very very well explained. Problem solved!
Thank you so much. Very much appreciated !
Stay safe
Pedro

Happy to be able to help :slight_smile:

1 Like