Workspace Performance Difference

This is a general question related to a corporate deployment seeking experience with a similar situation.

In our corporate environment, we have Power BI Desktop and Pro (no premium). We can publish to our personal workspace or shared workspace. The shared workspaces are created by a Power BI support team and access is restricted to others in the same corporate structure.

We have a data intense Power BI workbook with filters and drop downs (the filter pane is not used). The workbook published to a personal workspace has the same functionality as the desktop. However, when the workbook is published to a shared workspace, the filters do not work the same and all data options are not presented. Even for the same user.

We engaged the corporate Power BI support team and they cannot determine the cause. It seems to me, it must either be an environment issue or data access issue. I am looking for input if anyone has had a similar scenario. Thank you.

Bumping this post for more visibility from our experts and users.

Hi @DianaWill - I have never faced such issue. Can you elaborate what is not working in Shared workspace. It shall ideally be same in both.

Thanks
Ankit J

Hi @DianaWill,

Thank you for posting your question in our forum. @ankit (thank you) has reviewed your question and is interested in helping you find a solution. However, to provide the best possible assistance, we need further information about your inquiry.

Could you please provide us with more details about your current situation, such as any error messages you are receiving, what you have already tried to resolve the issue, and any other relevant information? This will help our Experts better understand your question and provide more effective solutions.

Please provide the information requested above as soon as possible. If we do not receive a response from you in the coming days, we will have to close the thread. However, you are welcome to open a new thread with updated information at any time in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to helping you find a solution.

Best regards,

Thank you for your response!
Due to confidential data restrictions, it is difficult to share much. There is no error message. The issue is, the filters do not work properly in the shared workspace, even for the same user. So, access rights does not seem to be the cause. We resolved the issue by changing approach. We no longer sync the filters across all pages. The sync works in My Workspace but not in the shared Workspace, for the same user. I was hoping someone had seen a similar issue and could give insight to the cause. Thank you!

HI @DianaWill

You can follow this to mask your confidential information so you can provide a power bi file.

from youtube

I hope this helps,
Keith

I hope

Hi @DianaWill ,

We noticed that your inquiry was left unsolved for quite some time now.
Looks like your inquiry was out of the expert’s and users’ bounds.

If you were sure you provided all pertinent context to your concerns and read how to use the forum more effectively and still find your question unanswered, your membership also comes with relevant resources that may help you with your Power BI education, so we advise that you check these resources as well.

While our users and experts do as much as reasonable to help you with your inquiries, not all concerns can be attended to especially if there are some learnings to be done. Thank you!