My organization uses many different sources for analyzing sales data, lead performance, human resources, and others. Many of our systems do not have a native Power Bi connector, so we are looking to know more about connecting data to Power Bi using API. I want to learn more about this topic and get some training. I cannot find anything on EDNA, so I was hoping our forum experts can tell me some of your favorite places to get this training.
Hi @jmolina, we aim to consistently improve the topics being posted on the forum to help you in getting a strong solution faster. While waiting for a response, here are some tips so you can get the most out of the forum and other Enterprise DNA resources.
- Use the forum search to discover if your query has been asked before by another member.
- When posting a topic with formula make sure that it is correctly formatted to preformatted text </>.
- Use the proper category that best describes your topic
- Provide as much context to a question as possible.
- Include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details.
I also suggest that you check the forum guideline How To Use The Enterprise DNA Support Forum. Not adhering to it may sometimes cause delay in getting an answer.
Please also check the How To Mask Sensitive Data thread for some tips on how to mask your pbix file.
Hello @jmolina, due to the length by which this post has been active, we are tagging it as Solved. For further questions related to this post, please make a new thread. When starting a new post, I suggest linking this thread, provide as much context to a question as possible and include the masked demo pbix file, images of the entire scenario you are dealing with, screenshot of the data model, details of how you want to visualize a result, and any other supporting links and details. Thanks!
@jmolina it will depend which software you are using. If your software support api (odata) it will be connect power bi. For example i am using microsoft dynamic nav i have created api so these api will be connectors for power bi. Always created credentials also for the api access. Just created api and connect with odata in power bi. I hope this will help you.